Blog: Monster & Me: We Won't Blame the Weather
Olly Wehring | 12 August 2013
It's almost six years to the day that I let out an almighty whine about the weather; specifically, how drinks companies were blaming/crediting the weather for their performances.
It's taken quite some time, but finally I feel vindicated in my whinge.
Here's a quote from the chairman & CEO of Monster Beverage, Rodney Sacks, as he delivered the company's H1 results last week.
"We don't have weather in our vocabulary. I think that weather does play a part in every beverage. But, we really don't know what effect it has. We don't measure it. That's why, sometimes when weather is up, we don't say: "Well, we did great because of weather. We did badly because of weather." We generally tend to try and manage the business outside of the weather issues."
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Kirin lines up cans for Little Creatures beer
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends