Blog: Monster & Me: We Won't Blame the Weather
Olly Wehring | 12 August 2013
It's almost six years to the day that I let out an almighty whine about the weather; specifically, how drinks companies were blaming/crediting the weather for their performances.
It's taken quite some time, but finally I feel vindicated in my whinge.
Here's a quote from the chairman & CEO of Monster Beverage, Rodney Sacks, as he delivered the company's H1 results last week.
"We don't have weather in our vocabulary. I think that weather does play a part in every beverage. But, we really don't know what effect it has. We don't measure it. That's why, sometimes when weather is up, we don't say: "Well, we did great because of weather. We did badly because of weather." We generally tend to try and manage the business outside of the weather issues."
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
Ready-to-drink tea is overwhelmingly consumed in Asia, which was responsible for over three-quarters of all global sales for the segment last year. However, the region's dominance of total volume sale...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China