Blog: Monster & Me: We Won't Blame the Weather
Olly Wehring | 12 August 2013
It's almost six years to the day that I let out an almighty whine about the weather; specifically, how drinks companies were blaming/crediting the weather for their performances.
It's taken quite some time, but finally I feel vindicated in my whinge.
Here's a quote from the chairman & CEO of Monster Beverage, Rodney Sacks, as he delivered the company's H1 results last week.
"We don't have weather in our vocabulary. I think that weather does play a part in every beverage. But, we really don't know what effect it has. We don't measure it. That's why, sometimes when weather is up, we don't say: "Well, we did great because of weather. We did badly because of weather." We generally tend to try and manage the business outside of the weather issues."
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends