Blog: Monster & Me: We Won't Blame the Weather
Olly Wehring | 12 August 2013
It's almost six years to the day that I let out an almighty whine about the weather; specifically, how drinks companies were blaming/crediting the weather for their performances.
It's taken quite some time, but finally I feel vindicated in my whinge.
Here's a quote from the chairman & CEO of Monster Beverage, Rodney Sacks, as he delivered the company's H1 results last week.
"We don't have weather in our vocabulary. I think that weather does play a part in every beverage. But, we really don't know what effect it has. We don't measure it. That's why, sometimes when weather is up, we don't say: "Well, we did great because of weather. We did badly because of weather." We generally tend to try and manage the business outside of the weather issues."
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer