Blog: Molson Coors' Beer Fridge - the gift that keeps on giving
James Wilmore | 2 July 2014
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
The fridge, which was first used in a TV ad last Summer, then reprised at the Sochi Winter Olympics, is now "back home" in Canada.
This time, for folks to get hold of a Molson Canadian lager, they have to sing the Canadian national anthem - ' O Canada'- to the fridge - and, hey presto, the door pops open.
So far, a video of the prank - sorry, marketing concept - has attracted more than 1.5m views on YouTube. Not bad for a film with a fridge as the star.
Frank Sinatra liked a drink. He was famous for it. ...
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup