Blog: Molson Coors as good as its word with cider launch
Andy Morton | 17 January 2013
There's no guarantee Molson Coors' new cider offering in the UK, Carling British Cider, will make a dent in an increasingly crowded sector.
But what Monday's launch did show was that Coors was serious when it said in November that it will push ahead with innovations to plug a hole in its premium portfolio.
No doubt Coors will hope Carling British Cider will follow in the footsteps of Carling Zest - a summer and winter innovation that has found traction - and not go down the road of the now-discontinued “lady beer” Animée.
In the world of innovations, not all are created equal.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China