Blog: LIWF 2012: 'Cocooning' now a necessity for many drinkers
James Wilmore | 25 May 2012
'Cocooning' - staying at home to drink - is now a neccesity for many in Western Europe due to the economic climate, rather than a lifestyle choice like it was in the 1990s.
That was one of a number of nuggets that emerged from a Euromonitor briefing at the London International Wine Fair this week.
It was also revealed that Germany tops the charts, when it comes to consumption of private label wines. Around 45% of wine now sold in Germay is private label, according to latest figures. Apparently this is down to the high number of Aldi and Lidl stores in the country.
To download a full copy of the presentation, click here
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends