Blog: Keurig 2.0 launch bodes well for the Coca-Cola Co
Andy Morton | 26 August 2014
The new Keurig 2.0
The Coca-Cola Co's Keurig Cold machine won't be out until next year. But co-developer Keurig Green Mountain has given us a taste with the unveiling this weekend of another at-home beverage platform in the US, the Keurig 2.0.
In a positive sign for Coca-Cola, investors were impressed, with Keurig Green Mountain's share price jumping 14% on Friday and staying firm yesterday. Perhaps they were happy to see the company seek to expand its customer base by moving away from its “single cup” ethos, which has seen past Keurig machines limited to dispensing single-serve beverages. In contrast, the Keurig 2.0 can serve up a full pot of coffee.
Coca-Cola is also seeking to broaden its appeal as CSDs continue to suffer in North America. If the Keurig Cold can help, then come next year we can expect another successful launch.
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review