Blog: Keurig 2.0 launch bodes well for the Coca-Cola Co
Andy Morton | 26 August 2014
The new Keurig 2.0
The Coca-Cola Co's Keurig Cold machine won't be out until next year. But co-developer Keurig Green Mountain has given us a taste with the unveiling this weekend of another at-home beverage platform in the US, the Keurig 2.0.
In a positive sign for Coca-Cola, investors were impressed, with Keurig Green Mountain's share price jumping 14% on Friday and staying firm yesterday. Perhaps they were happy to see the company seek to expand its customer base by moving away from its “single cup” ethos, which has seen past Keurig machines limited to dispensing single-serve beverages. In contrast, the Keurig 2.0 can serve up a full pot of coffee.
Coca-Cola is also seeking to broaden its appeal as CSDs continue to suffer in North America. If the Keurig Cold can help, then come next year we can expect another successful launch.
The camera soars low over fields of spiked agave plants, past workers toiling under the hot Mexican sun. You turn your head as you drift into the hold of a truck. Suddenly you're in a bustling Tequila...
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
The Coca-Cola Co has promoted its North American head as the regional unit faces up to switching consumer trends....
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK....
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting....
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research