Blog: Keurig 2.0 launch bodes well for the Coca-Cola Co
Andy Morton | 26 August 2014
The new Keurig 2.0
The Coca-Cola Co's Keurig Cold machine won't be out until next year. But co-developer Keurig Green Mountain has given us a taste with the unveiling this weekend of another at-home beverage platform in the US, the Keurig 2.0.
In a positive sign for Coca-Cola, investors were impressed, with Keurig Green Mountain's share price jumping 14% on Friday and staying firm yesterday. Perhaps they were happy to see the company seek to expand its customer base by moving away from its “single cup” ethos, which has seen past Keurig machines limited to dispensing single-serve beverages. In contrast, the Keurig 2.0 can serve up a full pot of coffee.
Coca-Cola is also seeking to broaden its appeal as CSDs continue to suffer in North America. If the Keurig Cold can help, then come next year we can expect another successful launch.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits