Blog: Keurig 2.0 launch bodes well for the Coca-Cola Co
Andy Morton | 26 August 2014
The new Keurig 2.0
The Coca-Cola Co's Keurig Cold machine won't be out until next year. But co-developer Keurig Green Mountain has given us a taste with the unveiling this weekend of another at-home beverage platform in the US, the Keurig 2.0.
In a positive sign for Coca-Cola, investors were impressed, with Keurig Green Mountain's share price jumping 14% on Friday and staying firm yesterday. Perhaps they were happy to see the company seek to expand its customer base by moving away from its “single cup” ethos, which has seen past Keurig machines limited to dispensing single-serve beverages. In contrast, the Keurig 2.0 can serve up a full pot of coffee.
Coca-Cola is also seeking to broaden its appeal as CSDs continue to suffer in North America. If the Keurig Cold can help, then come next year we can expect another successful launch.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
Diageo has launched a limited edition pumpkin spiced rum, designed for the shot occasion. The company claims the product is the first ever pumpkin spiced rum launch in the US....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Whyte & Mackay, the Scotch whisky arm of Emperador, has launched a new single malt to celebrate the 50th anniversary of its Tamnavulin distillery....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Khortytsa Vodka owner Global Spirits has launched a value brandy into the US market....
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends