Blog: Hot Hot Heat
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 August 2003
Last week I heard that Carlsberg-Tetley has been forced to import in extra lager to cover the soaring demand in the UK. Supermarket chain Tesco said beer sales were up 55% last weekend on the same point last year, while J Sainsbury said sales of lager this August were up 50% on last year. Water and soft drinks too are experiencing a bumper few months. And in extraordinary scenes in France, in what must be the earliest harvest in memory, the annual superlatives concerning the quality of the vintage may actually hold some weight this year.
"Harvesting is starting two to three weeks early everywhere and we're looking at this being a perfect year across the board. This could be one of the best years we've ever known," said Nicolas Pouget at the National Wine Industry Union.
We've all heard that before. The difference this time is he might actually be right.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research