Blog: Hot Hot Heat
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 August 2003
Last week I heard that Carlsberg-Tetley has been forced to import in extra lager to cover the soaring demand in the UK. Supermarket chain Tesco said beer sales were up 55% last weekend on the same point last year, while J Sainsbury said sales of lager this August were up 50% on last year. Water and soft drinks too are experiencing a bumper few months. And in extraordinary scenes in France, in what must be the earliest harvest in memory, the annual superlatives concerning the quality of the vintage may actually hold some weight this year.
"Harvesting is starting two to three weeks early everywhere and we're looking at this being a perfect year across the board. This could be one of the best years we've ever known," said Nicolas Pouget at the National Wine Industry Union.
We've all heard that before. The difference this time is he might actually be right.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research