Blog: Hot Hot Heat
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 August 2003
Last week I heard that Carlsberg-Tetley has been forced to import in extra lager to cover the soaring demand in the UK. Supermarket chain Tesco said beer sales were up 55% last weekend on the same point last year, while J Sainsbury said sales of lager this August were up 50% on last year. Water and soft drinks too are experiencing a bumper few months. And in extraordinary scenes in France, in what must be the earliest harvest in memory, the annual superlatives concerning the quality of the vintage may actually hold some weight this year.
"Harvesting is starting two to three weeks early everywhere and we're looking at this being a perfect year across the board. This could be one of the best years we've ever known," said Nicolas Pouget at the National Wine Industry Union.
We've all heard that before. The difference this time is he might actually be right.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends