Blog: Heineken pedals Radlers to Africa
Andy Morton | 21 August 2013
Heineken's Radler beers continue to expand their presence, with the Dutch brewer confirming in first-half results today they are now available in 24 of its markets. That's 12 more than at the beginning of the year.
More surprisingly, the lemon-flavoured, low-strength beer style with its origins in 1920s Germany, has pedalled its way to Africa. Heineken's Primus Radler was launched in the Democratic Republic of Congo in April and Bourbon Radler entered La Reunion last month, a company spokesperson told just-drinks today (21 August).
For a drink that means “cyclist” in German, that's a lot of pedalling.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
The CEO of Treasury Wine Estates has admitted there is still a "lot of work" for the group to do in the US, despite seeing healthy growth for its higher-end brands....
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
MillerCoors has unveiled two new flavours its Redd's ale range, via its Redd's Brewing Co division....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research