Blog: Growth hopes
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 September 2003
The latest AC Neilsen figures, which were passed on to me by a US colleague earlier this week, certainly seem to point in the right direction. Nielsen figures measuring overall spirits sales in off-premise/retail outlets through to the end of June show total volume increased by 2.2% in the preceding 52 weeks.
But it was the summer that was most encouraging. Nielsen data showed that sales were 5.0% higher than during the same 13-week period last year. The latest 13-week numbers show that rum (up 8.4%), Tequila (up 8.2%), vodka (up 6.1%), and Bourbon (up 3.3%) were category growth leaders.
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China