Blog: Growth hopes
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 September 2003
The latest AC Neilsen figures, which were passed on to me by a US colleague earlier this week, certainly seem to point in the right direction. Nielsen figures measuring overall spirits sales in off-premise/retail outlets through to the end of June show total volume increased by 2.2% in the preceding 52 weeks.
But it was the summer that was most encouraging. Nielsen data showed that sales were 5.0% higher than during the same 13-week period last year. The latest 13-week numbers show that rum (up 8.4%), Tequila (up 8.2%), vodka (up 6.1%), and Bourbon (up 3.3%) were category growth leaders.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research