Blog: Gloriously odd-shaped balls
Chris Brook-Carter | 24 November 2003
I apologise now to all our Australian readers and those from countries that wouldn’t recognise a rugby match from a street riot, but I can’t let Saturday pass by without some sort of celebratory comment.
So. Well done Martin Johnson and all his men, what a fantastic spectacle, achievement and outcome. I promise not to bring it up too often as I pass the Australia stands at the next four London International Wine and Spirits Fairs.
And if you are wondering how I can tie in a rugby match into an otherwise serious bastion of drinks publishing, then, it has been estimated that the UK pub trade sold an extra 7m pints of beer on Saturday. Judging by the state of my head on Sunday it certainly felt as though the vast majority of those were consumed in my local.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends