Blog: Gloriously odd-shaped balls
Chris Brook-Carter | 24 November 2003
I apologise now to all our Australian readers and those from countries that wouldn’t recognise a rugby match from a street riot, but I can’t let Saturday pass by without some sort of celebratory comment.
So. Well done Martin Johnson and all his men, what a fantastic spectacle, achievement and outcome. I promise not to bring it up too often as I pass the Australia stands at the next four London International Wine and Spirits Fairs.
And if you are wondering how I can tie in a rugby match into an otherwise serious bastion of drinks publishing, then, it has been estimated that the UK pub trade sold an extra 7m pints of beer on Saturday. Judging by the state of my head on Sunday it certainly felt as though the vast majority of those were consumed in my local.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends