Blog: Gloriously odd-shaped balls
Chris Brook-Carter | 24 November 2003
I apologise now to all our Australian readers and those from countries that wouldn’t recognise a rugby match from a street riot, but I can’t let Saturday pass by without some sort of celebratory comment.
So. Well done Martin Johnson and all his men, what a fantastic spectacle, achievement and outcome. I promise not to bring it up too often as I pass the Australia stands at the next four London International Wine and Spirits Fairs.
And if you are wondering how I can tie in a rugby match into an otherwise serious bastion of drinks publishing, then, it has been estimated that the UK pub trade sold an extra 7m pints of beer on Saturday. Judging by the state of my head on Sunday it certainly felt as though the vast majority of those were consumed in my local.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research