Blog: George Clooney: Tequila or no Tequila?
James Wilmore | 16 January 2013
Celebrities and drinks brands. They're not always a happy marriage as Diageo and Pharrell Williams have illustrated this week.
But actor, and general Hollywood dude, George Clooney must be hoping for better luck with the launch this month of his own Tequila, Casamigos. And to boost interest in the drink, made from 100% Blue Weber agave, old George has come up with his own advert.
The question we're asking ourselves here at just-drinks is: had Mr Clooney been sampling his own product when he dreamt up the idea?
Judge for yourselves below...
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research