Blog: Fuller's... kind of like the Murdoch empire
James Wilmore | 5 April 2013
Listeners to BBC Radio 4's Today programme may have choked on their cornflakes this morning as presenter Simon Jack compared Fuller's to the Murdoch empire.
Jack was referring to the similiarity in ownership structure between the two.
Michael Turner, who is taking a back seat as head of the London-based brewer and pub company from July, also discussed the win for beer in last month's UK Budget and the thorny issue of minimum pricing.
The interview can be heard here.
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
California's Sierra Nevada Brewing Co is very proud of its new Hop Hunter IPA, which contains hop oil. ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report