Blog: Fuller's... kind of like the Murdoch empire
James Wilmore | 5 April 2013
Listeners to BBC Radio 4's Today programme may have choked on their cornflakes this morning as presenter Simon Jack compared Fuller's to the Murdoch empire.
Jack was referring to the similiarity in ownership structure between the two.
Michael Turner, who is taking a back seat as head of the London-based brewer and pub company from July, also discussed the win for beer in last month's UK Budget and the thorny issue of minimum pricing.
The interview can be heard here.
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends