Blog: Fuller's... kind of like the Murdoch empire
James Wilmore | 5 April 2013
Listeners to BBC Radio 4's Today programme may have choked on their cornflakes this morning as presenter Simon Jack compared Fuller's to the Murdoch empire.
Jack was referring to the similiarity in ownership structure between the two.
Michael Turner, who is taking a back seat as head of the London-based brewer and pub company from July, also discussed the win for beer in last month's UK Budget and the thorny issue of minimum pricing.
The interview can be heard here.
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research