Blog: Fuel for thought
Chris Brook-Carter | 29 August 2003
The Environmental Risk Management Authority yesterday approved allowing ethanol (ethyl alcohol) to be added to petrol at levels up to 10%.
Unfortunately, most ethanol in New Zealand is made from by-products of cheese production and is turned into vodka, so this course of action may not help Southcorp shift any of its unwanted stock.
However, before you lose all heart in this story you really have to read the full report, which must be one of the few examples of news journalism to include the topics of petrol, vodka and cow flatulence all in the same article.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- This week in beer and cider
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Remy Cointreau sees H1 sales, profits rise
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts