Blog: Fuel for thought
Chris Brook-Carter | 29 August 2003
The Environmental Risk Management Authority yesterday approved allowing ethanol (ethyl alcohol) to be added to petrol at levels up to 10%.
Unfortunately, most ethanol in New Zealand is made from by-products of cheese production and is turned into vodka, so this course of action may not help Southcorp shift any of its unwanted stock.
However, before you lose all heart in this story you really have to read the full report, which must be one of the few examples of news journalism to include the topics of petrol, vodka and cow flatulence all in the same article.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range
- AB InBev launches Budweiser Uber tie-up in UK