Blog: From absinthe to wadadli: Around the world in 80 drinks
Andy Morton | 10 December 2013
Here's an interesting guide - a list of 80 countries and their most iconic drinks.
But some drinks firms will be pleased to see a few of their brands make the list. The Coca-Cola Co has the US sewn up with its namesake soft drink, while Rémy Cointreau gets a look in with Barbados's Mount Gay rum. And while SABMiller may have had a few problems with Foster's Group since it bought the unit in 2011, at least its Victoria Bitter beer is this list's Australian representative.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
Dogfish Head Brewery has cancelled a brewing partnership with Anheuser-Busch InBev's new Italian craft brewer Birra del Borgo. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India