Blog: Fancy a marathon session?
Olly Wehring | 8 August 2014
Some readers will remember back in April that I ran the London Marathon. Those are the readers that I pestered for sponsorship, of course.
Even before I'd started the run (4hrs 38m, if you must know), I'd already decided that it'd be my first and last marathon. That said, I'm sorely tempted to come out retirement for this, the Riga Beer Marathon.
Taking place next weekend in the Latvian capital, the marathon offers runners "a possibility to visit 30 beer bars".
"Unlike other marathons," the site reveals, "there will be a possibility to use public transport."
Now, that's the kind of marathon I can get (back) on-board with
Another day, another drinks executive stepping down "to explore new opportunities". Usually, this is code for "is leaving to join one of our competitors in a slightly better-paid position". But, with ...
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads
- Belvedere unveils executive team