Blog: Double Diageo
Chris Brook-Carter | 4 September 2003
Given they have had to integrate the Seagram business during the toughest of years, Diageo's achievement of growth, though not near the levels two years ago, is still worthy of applause.
The most interesting comments from CEO Paul Walsh concerned Diageo's changing perception of the RTD market. Gone are the days of stellar growth. And although he would not be drawn on specific questions concerning growth rates in the UK and US, he did say that the company believed, globally, its RTD brands would grow at the same sort of rates as the parent spirits brands.
How this will change the company's strategy towards its RTDs, which require high levels of innovation, renovation and investment remains to be seen.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Boston Beer Co outlines Samuel Adams innovation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends