Blog: Cubanet Sauvignon
Chris Brook-Carter | 13 October 2003
Those of you who can't get enough of Ry Cooder, mojitos and habana cigars, should probably note that Cuba has now begun producing its own wines, through two joint ventures with the Cuban government and European companies from Spain and Italy.
Three years ago Bodegas del Caribe planted 22 varieties of grape brought over from Spain with the goal of adapting them to the climate and soils of the island. The result is 4,000 cases of wine which the company now sells in the island's main hotel chains and the network of stores.
There are now some predictions in local press that possibly from the next harvest the company will begin exporting to the Dominican Republic, the UK and Germany.
The part Italian-owned Bodegas San Cristobal plans its first harvest for February 2004.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research