Blog: Craft still small beer compared to Coors Light
Andy Morton | 15 June 2013
Here's a quick reality check to anyone who thinks craft beer in the US is catching up with the industry's big guns.
During Molson Coors' investors day on Wednesday, CEO Peter Swinburn said last year's volume growth for the group's Coors Light brand was greater than that "of the top-ten craft brewers combined”.
Craft has about 6% of the US beer market, and is growing well ahead of the rest of the category. But judging from the above stat there is still a long way to go.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends