Blog: Craft still small beer compared to Coors Light
Andy Morton | 15 June 2013
Here's a quick reality check to anyone who thinks craft beer in the US is catching up with the industry's big guns.
During Molson Coors' investors day on Wednesday, CEO Peter Swinburn said last year's volume growth for the group's Coors Light brand was greater than that "of the top-ten craft brewers combined”.
Craft has about 6% of the US beer market, and is growing well ahead of the rest of the category. But judging from the above stat there is still a long way to go.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research