Blog: Constellation's CEO looks to the stars for Christmas
James Wilmore | 13 December 2013
Constellation Brands CEO Rob Sands appears a happy man right now. His company took full control of Grupo Modelo's US beer business in the US earlier this year and now the holiday season is just round the corner, when sales should soar.
Sands, whose company also operates in the wine and spirits sector, spoke to CNBC about the prospects for the season and in the process managed to namecheck many of the group's brands. He also reflected on why the drinks industry is a "recession resistant" business and explained why millennials - 21-36 year-olds - are a "key demographic" for Constellation.
To view the interview, click here
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Yesterday, Remy Cointreau posted a strong jump in YTD sales driven by impressive Cognac Q3 performances in China and the US. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's sales performance by...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits