Blog: Constellation's CEO looks to the stars for Christmas
James Wilmore | 13 December 2013
Constellation Brands CEO Rob Sands appears a happy man right now. His company took full control of Grupo Modelo's US beer business in the US earlier this year and now the holiday season is just round the corner, when sales should soar.
Sands, whose company also operates in the wine and spirits sector, spoke to CNBC about the prospects for the season and in the process managed to namecheck many of the group's brands. He also reflected on why the drinks industry is a "recession resistant" business and explained why millennials - 21-36 year-olds - are a "key demographic" for Constellation.
To view the interview, click here
just-drinks is thrilled to welcome a new industry commentator to the fold. Until earlier this year, Ian Shackleton spent over 25 years as a beverages analyst with several major banks, including Credit...
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne