Blog: Coca-Cola Co tips creative scales with anti-obesity ads - video
Andy Morton | 13 August 2013
Excuse the pun, but the Coca-Cola Co is really putting its weight behind its anti-obesity marketing.
Started at the beginning of the year in the US with a TV spot, the campaign has since evolved into a multi-platform, international push that has tried to drive home Coca-Cola's message that a calorie is a calorie, no matter where it comes from, and that having fun is the best way to burn those calories off.
Say what you like about the message, you can't deny the campaign has come up with some well-crafted ads, including the latest online effort in the “Happiness is Movement” push, posted above. Some critics say Coca-Cola's adverts are on thin ice scientifically, but creatively they are surely punching above their weight.
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- TWE's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Carlsberg's cost-saving plan "achieving traction"
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Full-year profits soar for Treasury Wine Estates
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages