Blog: Coca-Cola Co tips creative scales with anti-obesity ads - video
Andy Morton | 13 August 2013
Excuse the pun, but the Coca-Cola Co is really putting its weight behind its anti-obesity marketing.
Started at the beginning of the year in the US with a TV spot, the campaign has since evolved into a multi-platform, international push that has tried to drive home Coca-Cola's message that a calorie is a calorie, no matter where it comes from, and that having fun is the best way to burn those calories off.
Say what you like about the message, you can't deny the campaign has come up with some well-crafted ads, including the latest online effort in the “Happiness is Movement” push, posted above. Some critics say Coca-Cola's adverts are on thin ice scientifically, but creatively they are surely punching above their weight.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends