Blog: Champagne instead of anti-depressants?
James Wilmore | 5 June 2014
The alcohol industry can sometimes skirt around the reason why people choose to drink.
For many, of course, it’s a way to relax and enjoy yourself with friends. But not everyone in the industry is so reticent about speaking out about the positive aspects of imbibing.
Indeed, Clovis Taittinger, part of the Champagne house’s family empire, thinks the problem of depression could be solved in his native country, if he was in charge. “If I was a politician I would happily put Champagne in all pharmacies... instead of anti-depressant pills,” he cheekily told me during this week’s London Wine Fair.
“Champagne is a magical wine,” he added.
Hmm, how would the health lobby feel about that proposal?
Pernod Ricard's Cognac unit, Maison Martell, is about to celebrate its 300th anniversary. just-drinks caught up with Philippe Guettat, Martell's CEO & chairman, to discuss how the party preparations a...
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK....
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Currency woes hurt Latin American FTZs - Diageo
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets