Blog: C&C Group thinks it's all over... it's not yet
Andy Morton | 8 August 2014
Last week C&C Group wasn't best pleased when Polish advertising laws banned the use of the logo for its Magners brand on Celtic Football Club's kit for the team's Champions League qualifying match against Legia Warsaw.
The Dublin-based company would have been even less happy on Wednesday, in the match's second leg, when Celtic crashed out of the tournament 6-1 on aggregate, effectively ending any hopes of further Champions League exposure for C&C's cider brand.
Well, football truly is a funny old game, and today Celtic was reinstated after their opponents were found to be fielding an ineligible player. The mix-up meant Celtic were awarded a 3-0 victory in the second leg and an overall away-goals victory as they lost the first leg 4-1.
C&C's mission to widen Magners's exposure in the global market continues, in the most bizarre fashion imaginable. Talk about the luck of the Irish...
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
United Breweries has extended its premium beer brand Kingfisher Ultra's portfolio by launching Kingfisher Ultra Max making it the most expensive strong beer (8% abv and above) in the country....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research