Blog: C&C Group thinks it's all over... it's not yet
Andy Morton | 8 August 2014
Last week C&C Group wasn't best pleased when Polish advertising laws banned the use of the logo for its Magners brand on Celtic Football Club's kit for the team's Champions League qualifying match against Legia Warsaw.
The Dublin-based company would have been even less happy on Wednesday, in the match's second leg, when Celtic crashed out of the tournament 6-1 on aggregate, effectively ending any hopes of further Champions League exposure for C&C's cider brand.
Well, football truly is a funny old game, and today Celtic was reinstated after their opponents were found to be fielding an ineligible player. The mix-up meant Celtic were awarded a 3-0 victory in the second leg and an overall away-goals victory as they lost the first leg 4-1.
C&C's mission to widen Magners's exposure in the global market continues, in the most bizarre fashion imaginable. Talk about the luck of the Irish...
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Kirin lines up cans for Little Creatures beer
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends