Blog: C&C Group thinks it's all over... it's not yet
Andy Morton | 8 August 2014
Last week C&C Group wasn't best pleased when Polish advertising laws banned the use of the logo for its Magners brand on Celtic Football Club's kit for the team's Champions League qualifying match against Legia Warsaw.
The Dublin-based company would have been even less happy on Wednesday, in the match's second leg, when Celtic crashed out of the tournament 6-1 on aggregate, effectively ending any hopes of further Champions League exposure for C&C's cider brand.
Well, football truly is a funny old game, and today Celtic was reinstated after their opponents were found to be fielding an ineligible player. The mix-up meant Celtic were awarded a 3-0 victory in the second leg and an overall away-goals victory as they lost the first leg 4-1.
C&C's mission to widen Magners's exposure in the global market continues, in the most bizarre fashion imaginable. Talk about the luck of the Irish...
William Grant & Sons has launched an Africa-exclusive TV ad for its Grant's blended Scotch whisky. ...
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review