Blog: C&C Group thinks it's all over... it's not yet
Andy Morton | 8 August 2014
Last week C&C Group wasn't best pleased when Polish advertising laws banned the use of the logo for its Magners brand on Celtic Football Club's kit for the team's Champions League qualifying match against Legia Warsaw.
The Dublin-based company would have been even less happy on Wednesday, in the match's second leg, when Celtic crashed out of the tournament 6-1 on aggregate, effectively ending any hopes of further Champions League exposure for C&C's cider brand.
Well, football truly is a funny old game, and today Celtic was reinstated after their opponents were found to be fielding an ineligible player. The mix-up meant Celtic were awarded a 3-0 victory in the second leg and an overall away-goals victory as they lost the first leg 4-1.
C&C's mission to widen Magners's exposure in the global market continues, in the most bizarre fashion imaginable. Talk about the luck of the Irish...
Another day, another drinks executive stepping down "to explore new opportunities". Usually, this is code for "is leaving to join one of our competitors in a slightly better-paid position". But, with ...
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Belvedere unveils executive team