Blog: C&C Group thinks it's all over... it's not yet
Andy Morton | 8 August 2014
Last week C&C Group wasn't best pleased when Polish advertising laws banned the use of the logo for its Magners brand on Celtic Football Club's kit for the team's Champions League qualifying match against Legia Warsaw.
The Dublin-based company would have been even less happy on Wednesday, in the match's second leg, when Celtic crashed out of the tournament 6-1 on aggregate, effectively ending any hopes of further Champions League exposure for C&C's cider brand.
Well, football truly is a funny old game, and today Celtic was reinstated after their opponents were found to be fielding an ineligible player. The mix-up meant Celtic were awarded a 3-0 victory in the second leg and an overall away-goals victory as they lost the first leg 4-1.
C&C's mission to widen Magners's exposure in the global market continues, in the most bizarre fashion imaginable. Talk about the luck of the Irish...
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits