Blog: Buffett cuts through bluster to lend PepsiCo support
Andy Morton | 16 October 2013
The past couple of months have seen much talk over Nelson Peltz's manoeuvrings to pressure PepsiCo into paring off its beverage units into a stand-alone company ahead of a possible sell off.
However, cutting through all the noise that has surrounded the issue - and indirectly lending support to Nooyi's cause - was the ever-reliable Warren Buffett. In an interview with CNBC today, the legendary investor simply said that, if he was running PepsiCo, he would keep both snacks and beverages, as “one of them is a terrific business (snacks) and the other is a perfectly good business (drinks)”.
Who says business is complicated?
In his latest commentary for just-drinks, former drinks analyst Ian Shackleton heads to Brazil to look at 3G's burned fingers, the future worries for Anheuser-Busch InBev and Britvic's samba moves....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research