Blog: Buffett cuts through bluster to lend PepsiCo support
Andy Morton | 16 October 2013
The past couple of months have seen much talk over Nelson Peltz's manoeuvrings to pressure PepsiCo into paring off its beverage units into a stand-alone company ahead of a possible sell off.
However, cutting through all the noise that has surrounded the issue - and indirectly lending support to Nooyi's cause - was the ever-reliable Warren Buffett. In an interview with CNBC today, the legendary investor simply said that, if he was running PepsiCo, he would keep both snacks and beverages, as “one of them is a terrific business (snacks) and the other is a perfectly good business (drinks)”.
Who says business is complicated?
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends