Blog: Buffett cuts through bluster to lend PepsiCo support
Andy Morton | 16 October 2013
The past couple of months have seen much talk over Nelson Peltz's manoeuvrings to pressure PepsiCo into paring off its beverage units into a stand-alone company ahead of a possible sell off.
However, cutting through all the noise that has surrounded the issue - and indirectly lending support to Nooyi's cause - was the ever-reliable Warren Buffett. In an interview with CNBC today, the legendary investor simply said that, if he was running PepsiCo, he would keep both snacks and beverages, as “one of them is a terrific business (snacks) and the other is a perfectly good business (drinks)”.
Who says business is complicated?
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
SHS Drinks' Shloer Limited Editions Apple & Blackberry Punch...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research