Blog: Beefeater Borough's Reserve: But, where are the beefeaters?
Olly Wehring | 22 April 2013
Well, Pernod Ricard, I must say I am a mite disappointed in you.
Just over four years ago, Pernod's Chivas Brothers Scotch and premium gin unit put on the party to end all parties to back the launch of Beefeater 24. The addition of a permanent extension to Beefeater's portfolio warranted a fleet of Mercedes to collect us from the nearest train station, the hire of the home of the Duke of Northumberland, Syon Park, and the recruitment of the circus troupe and vaudeville act Lost Vagueness to provide entertainment at literally every corner.
The announcement - if you want to call it that - of the latest Beefeater extension today, however, didn't quite match up.
All we got to herald the launch of Beefeater Burrough's Reserve on this miserable Monday was a press release and a photo. No swanky cars, no posh pile in the country... Dammit, not even any fire-eating beefeaters.
And, as many of you know, my opinion has always been: No fire-eating beefeaters; no comment.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- The European beer market - Focus
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row