Blog: Beefeater Borough's Reserve: But, where are the beefeaters?
Olly Wehring | 22 April 2013
Well, Pernod Ricard, I must say I am a mite disappointed in you.
Just over four years ago, Pernod's Chivas Brothers Scotch and premium gin unit put on the party to end all parties to back the launch of Beefeater 24. The addition of a permanent extension to Beefeater's portfolio warranted a fleet of Mercedes to collect us from the nearest train station, the hire of the home of the Duke of Northumberland, Syon Park, and the recruitment of the circus troupe and vaudeville act Lost Vagueness to provide entertainment at literally every corner.
The announcement - if you want to call it that - of the latest Beefeater extension today, however, didn't quite match up.
All we got to herald the launch of Beefeater Burrough's Reserve on this miserable Monday was a press release and a photo. No swanky cars, no posh pile in the country... Dammit, not even any fire-eating beefeaters.
And, as many of you know, my opinion has always been: No fire-eating beefeaters; no comment.
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review