Blog: Beam bigs up Courvoisier, Napoleon links
James Wilmore | 19 February 2013
The links between Napoleon Bonaparte and Beam-owned Cognac brand Courvoisier may be questioned by some, but this hasn't stopped the company launching a limited-edition of the brand for travel retail.
First unveiled in October, Courvoisier Le Voyage de Napoleon will officially hit the shelves at the World Duty Free store exclusively at London Heathrow's Terminal 5 from tomorrow (20 February). It will roll-out across the rest of Europe from April.
Apparently, Napoleon looked for only one quality in his generals: to be lucky. You can discover other such historical nuggets in this official Courvoisier video below:
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research