Blog: Beam bigs up Courvoisier, Napoleon links
James Wilmore | 19 February 2013
The links between Napoleon Bonaparte and Beam-owned Cognac brand Courvoisier may be questioned by some, but this hasn't stopped the company launching a limited-edition of the brand for travel retail.
First unveiled in October, Courvoisier Le Voyage de Napoleon will officially hit the shelves at the World Duty Free store exclusively at London Heathrow's Terminal 5 from tomorrow (20 February). It will roll-out across the rest of Europe from April.
Apparently, Napoleon looked for only one quality in his generals: to be lucky. You can discover other such historical nuggets in this official Courvoisier video below:
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard to shut down Morris Winery
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview