Blog: Beam bigs up Courvoisier, Napoleon links
James Wilmore | 19 February 2013
The links between Napoleon Bonaparte and Beam-owned Cognac brand Courvoisier may be questioned by some, but this hasn't stopped the company launching a limited-edition of the brand for travel retail.
First unveiled in October, Courvoisier Le Voyage de Napoleon will officially hit the shelves at the World Duty Free store exclusively at London Heathrow's Terminal 5 from tomorrow (20 February). It will roll-out across the rest of Europe from April.
Apparently, Napoleon looked for only one quality in his generals: to be lucky. You can discover other such historical nuggets in this official Courvoisier video below:
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts