Blog: A happy Christmas?
Chris Brook-Carter | 6 January 2004
Welcome back after the Christmas and New Year break. I hope it was a good one. Certainly, the first signs trickling in from the trade indicate that, as an industry, it was.
In the UK, merchant Majestic Wines today reported a rise in sales over the Christmas period of 7.4%. Meanwhile in the US, Jim Clerkin, president of Allied Domecq Wines & Spirits USA, while speaking on CNBC, reported good growth since Thanksgiving. And he estimated that sales would be up 3 and 5% over the festivities.
A successful Christmas would cap a surprisingly good year after a difficult economic start to 2003, compounded by war and SARS. A full review of the drinks industry from Cola to Cointreau can be found in the most recent Feature of the Week. And full predicitons for 2004 in our latest management briefing.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends