Blog: 1936 and all that
Chris Brook-Carter | 10 September 2003
You would think, given the subject matter, that the owner Alessandro Lunardelli should also be investigated, to make sure he has a full set of marbles. But apparently the wines have been a "great marketing success".
Perhaps given the press interest they have generated (I have spotted reports from the US to Taiwan) I should not be surprised.
Though I am at pains to add to any "success", these labels really do have to be seen to be believed. So to view the labels go to http://www.vinilunardelli.it/ and look for the historical range.
By the way, a colleague and I were discussing this morning how strange it was that the Hitler label should have provoked so much indignation while its sister wine, the attractively labelled Stalin brand should have passed by almost unmentioned. Stalin was a mass murderer on equal scale to Hitler, recognised as just as brutal and evil, yet his image never generates the offence his German counterpart does.
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014