Blog: 1936 and all that
Chris Brook-Carter | 10 September 2003
You would think, given the subject matter, that the owner Alessandro Lunardelli should also be investigated, to make sure he has a full set of marbles. But apparently the wines have been a "great marketing success".
Perhaps given the press interest they have generated (I have spotted reports from the US to Taiwan) I should not be surprised.
Though I am at pains to add to any "success", these labels really do have to be seen to be believed. So to view the labels go to http://www.vinilunardelli.it/ and look for the historical range.
By the way, a colleague and I were discussing this morning how strange it was that the Hitler label should have provoked so much indignation while its sister wine, the attractively labelled Stalin brand should have passed by almost unmentioned. Stalin was a mass murderer on equal scale to Hitler, recognised as just as brutal and evil, yet his image never generates the offence his German counterpart does.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends