Blog: 1936 and all that
Chris Brook-Carter | 10 September 2003
You would think, given the subject matter, that the owner Alessandro Lunardelli should also be investigated, to make sure he has a full set of marbles. But apparently the wines have been a "great marketing success".
Perhaps given the press interest they have generated (I have spotted reports from the US to Taiwan) I should not be surprised.
Though I am at pains to add to any "success", these labels really do have to be seen to be believed. So to view the labels go to http://www.vinilunardelli.it/ and look for the historical range.
By the way, a colleague and I were discussing this morning how strange it was that the Hitler label should have provoked so much indignation while its sister wine, the attractively labelled Stalin brand should have passed by almost unmentioned. Stalin was a mass murderer on equal scale to Hitler, recognised as just as brutal and evil, yet his image never generates the offence his German counterpart does.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends