Blog: 1936 and all that
Chris Brook-Carter | 10 September 2003
You would think, given the subject matter, that the owner Alessandro Lunardelli should also be investigated, to make sure he has a full set of marbles. But apparently the wines have been a "great marketing success".
Perhaps given the press interest they have generated (I have spotted reports from the US to Taiwan) I should not be surprised.
Though I am at pains to add to any "success", these labels really do have to be seen to be believed. So to view the labels go to http://www.vinilunardelli.it/ and look for the historical range.
By the way, a colleague and I were discussing this morning how strange it was that the Hitler label should have provoked so much indignation while its sister wine, the attractively labelled Stalin brand should have passed by almost unmentioned. Stalin was a mass murderer on equal scale to Hitler, recognised as just as brutal and evil, yet his image never generates the offence his German counterpart does.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review