Wine: Latest news and analysis articles
Once a month, the drinks industry-funded International Alliance for Responsible Drinking, which covers alcohol policies worldwide, looks at...
Throughout this month, just-drinks' regular category commentators will be sharing their predictions for the year ahead. First up is Chris Lo...
Former Nomura analyst Ian Shackleton returns today for his first look at the drinks industry in 2017. How well-buffed is his crystal ball?...
It has long been recognised from epidemiologic studies that both the positive and negative health effects of alcohol consumption are modifie...
Philip Gregan, the CEO of trade organisation New Zealand Winegrowers was in London this week for the country's annual UK trade tasting. He sat down with just-drinks to talk Brexit, Trump and the future of Sauvignon Blanc.
Tareef Shawa joined Pernod Ricard in 2014, bringing with him luxury credentials from American Express's invitation-only Centurion division, as well as seven years at LVMH's Louis Vuitton as director of global client development. Speaking to just-drinks in London this week, the group's luxury & customer relationship management director discusses the concept of luxury, its role within Pernod and how to quantify the success of luxury events.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have a similar round-up for beer & cider.
Diageo has labelled 2017 the year of home-consumption in a new report that predicts a shake-up for socialising over the next 12 months.
The UK drinks industry has broadly welcomed the speech this week by the country's Prime Minister regarding her intention to take the UK out of the European Union, although trade associations say they will push for the ability to trade "as freely as possible" with the rest of Europe.
The effects of India's recent demonetisation strategy will be felt for at least a year, according to a new analysis that paints a bleak picture of the fallout from the policy.
Strong Cognac sales in the third quarter have helped deliver an impressive year-to-date performance for Remy Cointreau.
A UK wine trade body has criticised an attempt to secure official protected geographical status for English sparkling wine under the name "British Fizz".
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour through their Anakena wine portfolio.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September.
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits