Wine: Latest news and analysis articles
The UK's vote yesterday (June 23) to quit the European Union (EU) creates deep uncertainty, not only over the shape of future food and drink...
Skin cancers, whether melanoma, basal cell, or squamous cell, are all increased by ultra-violet rays of the sun, and such cancers are much m...
Late last month, Chris Losh attended the International Cool Climate Wine Symposium, held in Brighton on the south coast of England. Among th...
The on-premise channel remains a key testing-ground for new drinks products and has always pointed the way for trends in the wider beverage...
Talking Rain hit the big time with the success of Sparkling Ice. Growth for the sparkling flavoured water brand started in 2010, but Talking Rain had been around for more than two decades before then. In the second part of his just-drinks interview, CEO Kevin Klock talks about the lessons his company learned before its overnight success and how they informed his views on functional beverages. He also reveals which NBA superstar he invited to meet staff and the problems of competing for talent in an area dominated by global tech firms.
The concept of selling wine online may not be a new one but, as more companies look towards 'home-trade' and the likes of Amazon and eBay enter the market, established players need to stay ahead of the game. Virgin Wines CEO Jay Wright tells just-drinks how his firm looks to grow it relevance in an increasingly-crowded market place.
Yesterday, the UK voted to leave the European Union. The result of the referendum fell 52% in favour of the so-called 'Brexit'. We'll keep you up to date throughout the day on drinks industry reaction.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
Aldi’s plans to expand alcohol sales capabilities to more of its Australian stores have been curtailed by regulators in the state of Western Australia.
The southeast Indian state of Tamil Nadu has announced the closure of 500 state-controlled alcohol shops.
Breakthru Beverage Group, the US wholesaler created through a merger by Charmer Sunbelt and Wirtz Beverage, has bought rival Glazer's 50% share in Alliance Beverage Distributing Co.
Ball Corp's acquisition of drinks packaging rival Rexam has cleared another hurdle after the EU approved its sale of several metal beverage can assets.
Just-drinks in is the French wine making region of Languedoc for the 20th anniversary of Badet Clement, one of France's most active wine brand owners.
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends