Wine: Latest news and analysis articles
Earlier today, Remy Cointreau posted flat sales for the three months to the end of June. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the compan...
Earlier today, Rabobank released a report on what it predicts will be the effects on global beverage companies of the UK's exit from the Eur...
There has always been demand for non-alcoholic drinks for adults, but the adult soft drinks segment – and its consumers – are changing. Ben...
The UK's referendum rejection of the European Union is bad news for the wine trade, the UK and the EU itself, argues Chris Losh as he pores...
Since forming in 1978, privately-owned Halewood Wines & Spirits has quietly carved a niche in the UK's beer, wine, spirits and RTD categories, through the Lambrini, Red Square vodka and Crabbie's Alcoholic Ginger Beer brands. However, performance has suffered in the years following founder John Halewood's death. In the first of a two-part interview, group CEO Stewart Hainsworth talks to just-drinks' deputy editor, Lucy Britner, about his vision for the group's future growth as well as Russian oligarchs and the company's recent stake purchase in The Pogues Irish whiskey.
Earlier today, Rabobank published a note looking at the likely effects on the drinks industry of the UK’s decision to leave the European Union. Francoise Sonneville, senior analyst for beverages at Rabobank and the note's author, spoke to just-drinks yesterday.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
The wine arm of India's United Spirits has launched its first new product since the unit came under Diageo control.
Yealands Family Wines has added a further 266 hectares to what is already New Zealand’s largest vineyard.
Casella Family Brands has acquired Pernod Ricard’s Morris Winery in Australia.
Constellation Brands has appointed the CEO of jewellers Tiffany & Co and former LVMH Champagne executive to its board of directors.
Inter Beaujolais, the trade body for Beaujolais wine producers, has appointed a new president.
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages.
Just-drinks in is the French wine making region of Languedoc for the 20th anniversary of Badet Clement, one of France's most active wine brand owners.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends