Wine: Latest news and analysis articles
A large study from Denmark was designed to test the hypothesis that women who increase their alcohol intake over a five-year period have a h...
Earlier this month, Kirin Holdings reported a marked slide in net profits on a 6.1% fall in sales from the first three months of 2016. Here,...
Earlier today, Gruppo Campari announced its first-quarter results, including flat sales a dip in pre-tax profits. Here, we take a look at t...
Declining raw material consumption in the UK is partially a result of better resource efficiency, while continued efforts to boost efficienc...
Earlier this week, UK drinks company Conviviality agreed to purchase Bibendum PLB for GBP60m (US$88.5m), in what the country's Wine and Spirit Trade Association CEO Miles Beale called a "potentially seismic deal" for the industry.
The London Wine Fair, which opens today, will host a growing contingent of English wine makers keen to grab a share of a category that according to government figures has doubled production in the past five years. Many of them will be aiming to emulate the success of Chapel Down that, with its stock-market listing and equally-booming brewing operation, sits at the top table of English wine's new breed. In recently-released 2015 results, the company grew both sales and profits by more than one-third. The company also raised GBP1.7m (US$2.5m) in a crowdfunding project to build a new brewery for its Curious Brew beer brand.
The organisers of wine trade show ProWein have confirmed Asian show ProWine will become an annual event, as they look to meet demand in the region.
Pernod Ricard has announced the appointment of Ben Gibson as operations director for its European Travel Retail unit, with present incumbent Phil Corfield set to retire.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
Asia will account for two-thirds of global incremental beverage consumption by 2021, with China alone responsible for one-third of the additional volume, according to Canadean's most recent Global Beverage Forecasts report.
San Francisco-based investment firm GI Partners has taken a stake in Napa winery Far Niente Wine Estates.
Southern Wine & Spirits' Florida unit has created an Artisanal Fine Wine & Spirits division as it looks to champion smaller producers.
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty.
At a media breakfast in London, Pernod Ricard CEO Alex Ricard gave an interesting response to a question he's no doubt asked a lot.
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Inchdairnie and the quiet whisky revolution
- Britvic's H1 Performance by Region - Focus
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- Purity Vodka appoints new CEO
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends