Wine: Latest news and analysis articles
This month, Chris Losh turns his attention to the Australian wine industry, and finds a country struggling with scant opportunities and stru...
There is future growth aplenty on offer in the Travel Retail channel, but a new report suggests a reappraisal of the traditional relationshi...
Here, Spiros Malandrakis, alcoholic drinks analyst at Euromonitor International, shares his forecasts of the trends that will shape the alco...
After a difficult 2015, Diageo has roared into 2016 with a solid set of numbers, analysts have said....
With just seven weeks left until the start of ProWein, just-drinks sat down with lead organiser Michael Degan to ask what makes the wine and spirits show one of the biggest draws on the alcohol calendar. Along the way, Degan reveals why the show is unlikely to get much bigger, discusses the possibility of adding beer to the mix and why German rock bands know their Riesling from their Spatburgunder.
In part two of this week's just-drinks interview, Ben Hulme, Lidl's head of beer, wines & spirits in the UK, discusses how the company has worked to change its reputation with both its customers and its suppliers, the role that brands have played - and could continue to play - and Minimum Unit Pricing.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
Diageo has confirmed the sale of the Acacia winery and vineyard in California, having already sold off the Acacia brand.
Rombauer has released its first Sauvignon Blanc.
South American wine producer Concha y Toro's UK unit has confirmed the renewal of its Sky Movies partnership, after a "record year of sales".
LVMH's wines & spirits unit, Moet Hennessy, has posted a healthy leap in full-year profits as sales in China rebounded in the second half of last year.
The Travel Retail channel is set to offer continued growth for wines and spirits over the coming five years, according to a new report, albeit slightly slower than the preceding five-year period.
This week, consumers in Ontario were able to go into a supermarket and buy beer.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research