Spirits: Latest news and analysis articles
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drin...
Whether you're a brewer, a distiller or a winemaker, the watchword for results announcements this season is: strategic plan....
Most observational epidemiologic studies have shown a slight increase in the risk of breast cancer for women who consume alcohol; the degree...
Ten years ago today, when the new Licensing Act came into effect in the UK, I was a cub reporter on licensed-trade newspaper The Morning Adv...
Last year, Marco Ferrari left his post as CMO of SPI Group to lead Italian spirits and aperitif maker Montenegro Group. just-drinks spoke to him at the TFWA exhibition in Cannes in October to find out what it is like to go from managing a global brand such as Stolichnaya to a company with strong domestic brands and a global outlook. Ferrari also spoke about his ambitions for Amaro Montenegro, a herbal liqueur that is finding traction in the US.
In part two of this week's just-drinks interview, Ben Hulme, Lidl's head of beer, wines & spirits in the UK, discusses how the company has worked to change its reputation with both its customers and its suppliers, the role that brands have played - and could continue to play - and Minimum Unit Pricing.
Bihar is the latest state in India that will ban the consumption of alcohol, fulfilling an election pledge by the state's Chief Minister.
Bacardi's Scotch whisky arm John Dewar & Sons has released a 16-year--old single malt from its Aberfeldy distillery.
Brown-Forman's long-serving Middle East head is to retire after 20 years with the company.
The head of Montenegro Group, owner of the Amaro Montenegro Italian liqueur, has said there is rising demand for Italian spirits in the US as bartenders get behind the category.
The CEO of Remy Cointreau has said the next generation of drinkers will help boost growth in China.
Remy Cointreau has posted a lift in sales and profits for the first half of its financial year despite continued challenges in China.
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the liqueur's recent past.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts