Spirits: Latest news and analysis articles
Remy Cointreau has started the year with a surprise - the company's Q3 Cognac sales, announced yesterday, surpassed even the most optimistic...
Following on from Chris Losh's look at the year ahead for wine and Stephen Beaumont's consideration of the future for beer, Richard Woodard...
Once a month, the drinks industry-funded International Alliance for Responsible Drinking, which covers alcohol policies worldwide, looks at...
Former Nomura analyst Ian Shackleton returns today for his first look at the drinks industry in 2017. How well-buffed is his crystal ball?...
Tareef Shawa joined Pernod Ricard in 2014, bringing with him luxury credentials from American Express's invitation-only Centurion division, as well as seven years at LVMH's Louis Vuitton as director of global client development. Speaking to just-drinks in London this week, the group's luxury & customer relationship management director discusses the concept of luxury, its role within Pernod and how to quantify the success of luxury events.
Andre de Almeida had been William Grant & Sons' director for European Travel Retail for four years when he decided earlier this year to take up the role of Global Travel Retail head at Scotch whisky specialists Loch Lomond Group. That was in July, and now the Brazilian-born de Almeida, who moved to Scotland when he was 15, faces one of the biggest challenges of his career - establishing Loch Lomond as a player in the GTR channel.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have a similar round-up for beer & cider.
Diageo has confirmed the pending closure of Alexander & James, only four years after setting up the UK-focused e-commerce portal.
Diageo has labelled 2017 the year of home-consumption in a new report that predicts a shake-up for socialising over the next 12 months.
The UK drinks industry has broadly welcomed the speech this week by the country's Prime Minister regarding her intention to take the UK out of the European Union, although trade associations say they will push for the ability to trade "as freely as possible" with the rest of Europe.
The effects of India's recent demonetisation strategy will be felt for at least a year, according to a new analysis that paints a bleak picture of the fallout from the policy.
Strong Cognac sales in the third quarter have helped deliver an impressive year-to-date performance for Remy Cointreau.
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you.
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits