Spirits: Latest news and analysis articles
Samuel Johnson once said: "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." What does that say about Diageo, Anheuser-Busch InBev and The Coca...
just-drinks, in association with The IWSR, presents this seven-part review of the Scotch whisky category. In part one, we look at how the s...
A large study from Denmark was designed to test the hypothesis that women who increase their alcohol intake over a five-year period have a h...
Tucked in to a trading estate in the Scottish county of Fife, beside a local dry cleaning firm and a rubber moulding factory, InchDairnie Di...
Earlier this week, UK drinks company Conviviality agreed to purchase Bibendum PLB for GBP60m (US$88.5m), in what the country's Wine and Spirit Trade Association CEO Miles Beale called a "potentially seismic deal" for the industry.
It is late afternoon on what has been a long day. But, Mark Reynier, formerly the head of Bruichladdich and now founder of Renegade Spirits, still has the energy to vent his grievances over the Irish whiskey industry he has inhabited for just over a year.
Consumers are looking for more than great packaging and celebrity endorsement when it comes to choosing brands, a study has found.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
Dutch distiller Zuidam has agreed to change the name of its Flying Dutchman No 3 rum brand, after settling a trademark dispute with Berry Bros & Rudd, owner of No 3 London Dry Gin.
Diageo's Johnnie Walker Houses have reached Europe for the first time, with the company unveiling one of the premium retail outlets in Amsterdam's Schiphol airport.
Berry Bros & Rudd has confirmed the departure of its chief operating officer, just over a year after his appointment.
Jagermeister UK's music manager has said acts are now less suspicious of corporate partnerships, opening up new marketing opportunities for spirits brands.
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise.
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free.
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends