Mergers & acquisitions: Latest news and analysis articles
In late-2015, Anheuser-Busch InBev secured the takeover of SABMiller for US$107.3bn. Since then, the brewing giant has lined up several dive...
Earlier today, Anheuser-Busch InBev announced the intended sale of SABMiller's total presence in Central and Eastern Europe. Here's a breakd...
On Thursday, two US senators sent a letter to the Department of Justice highlighting their concerns over Anheuser-Busch InBev's proposed pur...
Last month brought troubling news for US craft brewers. Brewers Association figures showed that the category is slowing down, both for domes...
Ask a Chinese person about Chile and they will immediately mention one thing - cherries. The country is famous in China for its red cherries, which people see as wholesome and healthy. Chilean wine, however, is quickly catching up in the recognition stakes. According to Wines of Chile, exports to China increased by 47% last year, and the country now ranks as the third-biggest market for bottled Chilean wine.
It is late afternoon on what has been a long day. But, Mark Reynier, formerly the head of Bruichladdich and now founder of Renegade Spirits, still has the energy to vent his grievances over the Irish whiskey industry he has inhabited for just over a year.
Competitive issues among the world's larger brewers may result in a private equity company leading the race for SABMiller's assets in Central & Eastern Europe, an analyst has told just-drinks.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is looking to divest virtually all of SABMiller's operations in Europe, with SAB's total presence in Central and Eastern Europe set to follow the Grolsch, Peroni Nastro Azzuro and Meantime brands in being put up for sale.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) is planning to roll out new Monster energy drinks in Europe, ahead of its expected bottler merger in the region.
Kirin Brewery's Australia unit, Lion, is looking to expand Byron Bay Brewing Co's distribution after adding the east coast brewer to its craft beer portfolio.
Brown-Forman is set to re-enter the single malt Scotch whisky segment through the purchase of The BenRiach Distillery Co.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Brazilian unit, Ambev, has confirmed that it has agreed to purchase domestic soft drinks producer Sucos do Bem.
This may have slipped under the wire at the end of last year, but could a pre-Christmas HR announcement signal Boston Beer Co's preparedness for a sale?
As Anheuser-Busch InBev picks up yet another craft brewer ahead of the festive season, you have to wonder about its seemingly scattergun acquisitions strategy. Did the management team get one of those “Beers of the World” boxes at the office Christmas party?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends