Mergers & acquisitions: Latest news and analysis articles
"If you Brexit, you fix it," was the joke doing the rounds after the UK voted to leave the European Union. But is it too late to fix Anheuse...
Immediately following the UK's decision yesterday to leave the European Union, the Pound dropped to its lowest point against the US Dollar s...
Brown-Forman's recent strategic moves represent a narrowing of the company's focus on its core strengths: Whisk(e)y in all its forms, with T...
In November last year, Molson Coors confirmed its intention to buy out SABMiller from the MillerCoors US joint venture for US$12bn....
Bob Kunze-Concewitz has seen a lot in his time with Gruppo Campari. Having joined the company from Procter & Gamble in 2005, when he came on board as CMO, he'll celebrate a decade as group CEO in May next year. In that time, he's seen Campari's fortunes rise, fall and rise again as drinks trends have come and gone. He's also been at the helm during an active period of M&A, not only for Campari specifically, but also within the spirits category generally. Late last month, just-drinks editor Olly Wehring met up with him on a visit to London.
Last weekend, news broke of yet another craft brewery acquisition by Anheuser-Busch InBev. This time, however, it was not in the US but in Italy.
South African conglomerate Remgro has said it is considering a move for SABMiller's stake in wine and spirits group Distell.
SABMiller's shareholders have given Anheuser-Busch InBev the green light to complete its takeover of the UK-headquartered brewer, in what will be the third-largest acquisition in corporate history.
Anhesuer-Busch InBev has said its shareholders have approved the acquisition of SABMiller, moving the deal a step closer to next month's scheduled completion.
Coca-Cola East Japan and Coca-Cola West have moved to calm reports claiming that their merger has completed successfully.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has upped its presence in Brazil through the acquisition of privately-owned bottler Vonpar.
The Sazerac Co has acquired control of Australian spirits distributor SouthTrade International.
This may have slipped under the wire at the end of last year, but could a pre-Christmas HR announcement signal Boston Beer Co's preparedness for a sale?
As Anheuser-Busch InBev picks up yet another craft brewer ahead of the festive season, you have to wonder about its seemingly scattergun acquisitions strategy. Did the management team get one of those “Beers of the World” boxes at the office Christmas party?
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends