Mergers & acquisitions: Latest news and analysis articles
Many saw it coming almost four months ago, but yesterday's announcement of Brown-Forman's decision to divest Southern Comfort is part of a s...
The race to land SABMiller's European beer brands went global this week with reports that some of Asia's leading brewers are circling....
A relatively small transaction in the beer industry today has left me confused. Why would Anheuser-Busch InBev snap up a London-based craft...
With 2015 drawing to a close, just-drinks looks back at the stories that have made the headlines across the global drinks industry. Here, de...
Distill Ventures launched two years ago with a remit to fund new spirits start-ups. Since then, the Diageo-backed incubator has seen funding increase, as well as the first of its projects hit retail shelves. By the end of this year it expects to have committed GBP20m in total investments. just-drinks spoke to one of Distill Ventures' founders, Frank Lampen, at Bar Convent Berlin, about how Diageo paves the way to acquiring start-ups, and why exceptional liquid is only ever a beginning.
The owner of the largest US whiskey brand in the world has bought into Ireland to create a new whiskey brand. Can Brown-Forman make Slane Whiskey as successful as Jack Daniel's? What was the thinking behind the move? just-drinks spoke to Brown-Forman executive VP & chief brands and strategy officer Lawson Whiting at the company's ground-breaking ceremony to find out.
Foley Family Wines has purchased Diageo's Chalone Estate vineyards and Gavilan brands in California, marking Diageo's exit from wine in the US.
Diageo has confirmed the sale of the Acacia winery and vineyard in California, having already sold off the Acacia brand.
Suntory's beverage unit is trying to complete its global takeover of Lucozade and Ribena with a swoop for the brands' leftover bottling and distribution rights in Nigeria.
The owners of Tesseron Cognac have purchased the late actor Robin Williams' Napa estate.
Yellow Tail owner Casella Family Brands has acquired Howcroft Estate Vineyards, according to local reports.
The Coca-Cola Co is to buy a minority stake in Nigerian dairy and soft drinks business Chi.
This may have slipped under the wire at the end of last year, but could a pre-Christmas HR announcement signal Boston Beer Co's preparedness for a sale?
As Anheuser-Busch InBev picks up yet another craft brewer ahead of the festive season, you have to wonder about its seemingly scattergun acquisitions strategy. Did the management team get one of those “Beers of the World” boxes at the office Christmas party?
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research