Mergers & acquisitions: Latest news and analysis articles
Do craft brewers view private equity firms in the same way HG Wells did his Martians in War of the Worlds?...
A question mark hangs over the success of Tito's Handmade Vodka - how can a product that shifts more than 2.3m cases a year call itself 'han...
Yesterday saw the formation of the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler, when Coca-Cola Enterprises, Coca-Cola Iberian Partners and...
Yesterday saw the announcement of a merger of three Coca-Cola bottlers in Western Europe. Here, just-drinks looks at the details behind the...
Last week, Mast-Jägermeister, the German owner of the Jägermeister herbal liqueur, took control of its US distributor Sidney Frank Importing Co. Part of Mast-Jägermeister's new strategy to control distribution in its core markets, the acquisition was otherwise noteworthy because of the important role Sidney Frank has played in Jägermeister's global rise.With Jägermeister sales in the US under pressure, Mast-Jägermeister is looking to move away from its famous brand's reputation as a party shot and embrace the new craft spirits culture. But, as Mast-Jägermeister executive board member Michael Volke told just-drinks from New York last week, not completely away.
Casella Family Brands hit the acquisition trail late last year when it snapped up Barossa Valley producer Peter Lehmann Wines for AUD57m (US$49.8m). Here, just-drinks talks to the Australian firm's global marketing & export sales manager, Libby Nutt, about the plans ahead for the brand and Casella's star performer Yellow Tail.
Domaine Select Wine & Spirits has appointed a former Deutsch Family exec as its first CFO & COO.
Heineken has declined to comment on a report it is looking to take control of India's United Breweries (UB).
Heaven Hill Brands has agreed to acquire Deep Eddy Vodka from Eliza Spring for an undisclosed sum.
Willamette Valley Vineyards has made a stock offer in an attempt to raise US$6m to fund two new wineries.
The Coca-Cola Co and the merchant banking division of Goldman Sachs have each made minority investments in US organic juice producer Suja Juice.
Three of the four largest Coca-Cola bottlers in Latin and South America have opened initial talks about a possible merger, according to local reports.
Take a look at this, a fascinating infographic detailing the acquisitions - and brands - of the world's biggest brewers.
Will Suntory's US$16bn move to buy Beam see a change in how the Bourbon producer's brands are advertised?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research