Legislation: Latest news and analysis articles
The rising spectre of neo-prohibitionary rhetoric and legislation is claiming a fresh casualty. Following the introduction of restrictive po...
It's to Mexico for Ray Rowlands this month. How have the soft drinks and bottled water categories fared, one year on from the introduction o...
Sponsorship of sporting events by alcohol companies is once again under intense scrutiny, across a number of countries, and pressure on poli...
If you thought global insecurity was at an all-time high last year, then the World Economic Forum (WEF) has some bad news....
Henry Ashworth has faced plenty of challenges since taking the reins at the Portman Group in 2011. Dealing with the fall-out from decisions by the group's independent complaints panel and the ever-agitating UK health lobby means life is rarely dull. Here, Ashworth talks to just-drinks' deputy editor James Wilmore about the watchdog's work, and a certain Scottish brewer.
Last week, just-drinks caught up with Irish Distillers' CEO Anna Malmhake. Part one of the interview ran on Tuesday. Here, in the second and concluding part of the interview, Malmhake discusses Irish whiskey's image, Pernod's competitors in the category and the threat of alcohol legislation in Ireland.
European Union health ministers have agreed the development of a new policy for reducing alcohol-related harm.
Heineken has said it is "very concerned" after Indonesian authorities implemented a ban on beer sales in the country's small stores.
Bebida Beverage Co has said it is ready to comply with the US Food & Drug Administration after a recent warning, but added that some of the contentions may have been "caught up in semantics".
The European Commission has proposed some modest help for the European Union's wine producers, who are struggling with a shrinking share of world markets and falling consumption in the region.
All alcohol containers sold in the European Union should display calorie information, according to a parliamentary committee in the politico-economic bloc.
The Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS) and the American Craft Spirits Association (ACSA) have joined forces to call for a cut to federal excise tax on spirits.
Diageo and Brown-Forman have been at loggerheads the past week over what is best for the Tennessee whiskey category.
From early April, the Government in the UK is implementing a ban on the sale of alcohol below cost.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets