Legislation: Latest news and analysis articles
It's to Mexico for Ray Rowlands this month. How have the soft drinks and bottled water categories fared, one year on from the introduction o...
Sponsorship of sporting events by alcohol companies is once again under intense scrutiny, across a number of countries, and pressure on poli...
If you thought global insecurity was at an all-time high last year, then the World Economic Forum (WEF) has some bad news....
The starting gun on the UK General Election campaign has been fired and, once again, alcohol looks set to be a political football....
Henry Ashworth has faced plenty of challenges since taking the reins at the Portman Group in 2011. Dealing with the fall-out from decisions by the group's independent complaints panel and the ever-agitating UK health lobby means life is rarely dull. Here, Ashworth talks to just-drinks' deputy editor James Wilmore about the watchdog's work, and a certain Scottish brewer.
Last week, just-drinks caught up with Irish Distillers' CEO Anna Malmhake. Part one of the interview ran on Tuesday. Here, in the second and concluding part of the interview, Malmhake discusses Irish whiskey's image, Pernod's competitors in the category and the threat of alcohol legislation in Ireland.
The American Beverage Association (ABA) has hit back at new US dietary recommendations, claiming that they lack scientific basis.
The European Commission has amended European Union (EU) marketing rules for Spanish sloe-flavoured liqueur Pacharán by insisting that a generic description is used when the product is made outside of Spain.
The battle between US craft brewers and big beer firms over beer tax has entered US Congress again after two competing bills were re-introduced.
The Irish Government is moving ahead with wide-ranging plans to tackle alcohol-related issues, including a form of minimum unit pricing to stop the sale of “very cheap alcohol”.
Russia has lowered its minimum vodka price by 16% as the country battles currency deflation and a falling global oil price, according to reports.
Total UK beer volumes have risen for the first time in nearly a decade, while off-trade sales have overtaken on-trade sales, according to latest figures.
Diageo and Brown-Forman have been at loggerheads the past week over what is best for the Tennessee whiskey category.
From early April, the Government in the UK is implementing a ban on the sale of alcohol below cost.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report