Legislation: Latest news and analysis articles
The rising spectre of neo-prohibitionary rhetoric and legislation is claiming a fresh casualty. Following the introduction of restrictive po...
It's to Mexico for Ray Rowlands this month. How have the soft drinks and bottled water categories fared, one year on from the introduction o...
Sponsorship of sporting events by alcohol companies is once again under intense scrutiny, across a number of countries, and pressure on poli...
If you thought global insecurity was at an all-time high last year, then the World Economic Forum (WEF) has some bad news....
Henry Ashworth has faced plenty of challenges since taking the reins at the Portman Group in 2011. Dealing with the fall-out from decisions by the group's independent complaints panel and the ever-agitating UK health lobby means life is rarely dull. Here, Ashworth talks to just-drinks' deputy editor James Wilmore about the watchdog's work, and a certain Scottish brewer.
Last week, just-drinks caught up with Irish Distillers' CEO Anna Malmhake. Part one of the interview ran on Tuesday. Here, in the second and concluding part of the interview, Malmhake discusses Irish whiskey's image, Pernod's competitors in the category and the threat of alcohol legislation in Ireland.
European Union (EU) delays in tabling draft rules on how labelling for alcoholic beverages should be treated under EU food information legislation have been branded “unacceptable”.
A report from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation & Development (OECD) has said that increasing alcohol prices through taxes and minimum prices may help "tackle the heavy cost of harmful drinking".
Europe's MEPs have called for the European Commission to introduce calorie-content and ingredient labelling on alcoholic drinks sold in the region by next year.
European Union health ministers have agreed the development of a new policy for reducing alcohol-related harm.
Heineken has said it is "very concerned" after Indonesian authorities implemented a ban on beer sales in the country's small stores.
Bebida Beverage Co has said it is ready to comply with the US Food & Drug Administration after a recent warning, but added that some of the contentions may have been "caught up in semantics".
Diageo and Brown-Forman have been at loggerheads the past week over what is best for the Tennessee whiskey category.
From early April, the Government in the UK is implementing a ban on the sale of alcohol below cost.
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review