Legislation: Latest news and analysis articles
With 2015 drawing to a close, just-drinks looks back at the stories that have made the headlines across the global drinks industry. Here, de...
The UK is currently debating the introduction of a sugar tax in a bid to trim waistlines. The focus on reducing childhood obesity could resu...
Ten years ago today, when the new Licensing Act came into effect in the UK, I was a cub reporter on licensed-trade newspaper The Morning Adv...
Drinks industry associations have welcomed the conclusion of negotiations for a Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement on Monday that wil...
Henry Ashworth has faced plenty of challenges since taking the reins at the Portman Group in 2011. Dealing with the fall-out from decisions by the group's independent complaints panel and the ever-agitating UK health lobby means life is rarely dull. Here, Ashworth talks to just-drinks' deputy editor James Wilmore about the watchdog's work, and a certain Scottish brewer.
Last week, just-drinks caught up with Irish Distillers' CEO Anna Malmhake. Part one of the interview ran on Tuesday. Here, in the second and concluding part of the interview, Malmhake discusses Irish whiskey's image, Pernod's competitors in the category and the threat of alcohol legislation in Ireland.
Latvia is to follow in the footsteps of its Baltic neighbour Lithuania with a ban on the sale of energy drinks to under-18s, according to reports.
Bacardi has filed a Freedom of Information Act request in the US, after the country's authorities granted licence for Pernod Ricard to renew its registration of the Havana Club trademark in the country.
Bacardi has attacked the US authorities for granting licence for Pernod Ricard to renew its registration of the Havana Club trademark in the country, with Bacardi maintaining that it is "the legitimate owner of the brand".
Pernod Ricard's Cuban JV partner has renewed its registration of the Havana Club trademark in the US following the granting of a "specific licence" from the country's Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said it is considering its options after the European Union ruled that a Belgian Government-run tax scheme that it is part of is illegal.
The UK drinks industry has reacted with caution to new dietary guidelines that have slashed the recommended maximum unit alcohol intake.
This week, consumers in Ontario were able to go into a supermarket and buy beer.
Today is the opening day at Cape Wine 2015 and that means the morning was taken up by welcome speeches.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Half-year sales lift for Pernod Ricard
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research