Emerging markets – BRIC: Latest news and analysis articles
just-drinks is thrilled to welcome a new industry commentator to the fold. Until earlier this year, Ian Shackleton spent over 25 years as a...
Long considered a colourful place to do business, Asia has grown increasingly important for soft drinks companies who are chasing growth. Ri...
This month, Ray Rowlands focuses his attention on the recent announcement that carbonated soft drinks are to be classified as luxury items i...
When Heineken bought Carlsberg's Vung Tau brewery in southern Vietnam last month, it marked the latest in a string of investments by big bre...
In July, Diageo turned its previously-combined Middle East & Global Travel Retail division into a standalone GTR unit. At the same time, TR head Doug Bagley stood down and was replaced by Dayalan Nayager, Bagley's European TR regional leader. Last month, at the Tax Free World Association exhibition in Cannes, just-drinks caught up with Nayager to find out how the new structure was working, as well as his thoughts on the overall state of the GTR channel.
Bob Kunze-Concewitz has seen a lot in his time with Gruppo Campari. Having joined the company from Procter & Gamble in 2005, when he came on board as CMO, he'll celebrate a decade as group CEO in May next year. In that time, he's seen Campari's fortunes rise, fall and rise again as drinks trends have come and gone. He's also been at the helm during an active period of M&A, not only for Campari specifically, but also within the spirits category generally. Late last month, just-drinks editor Olly Wehring met up with him on a visit to London.
Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits has confirmed to just-drinks that its distribution configuration, announced earlier this week, will also see the group enter China for the first time.
Marie Brizard has provided further details on its plans to consolidate route-to market in several of its key countries.
The Coca-Cola Co's China unit has said it wants its employees to have talks with the company through "appropriate channels" after staff reportedly staged walkouts at three of its production plants.
Tetra Pak has said it will not appeal a CNY668m (US$97m) fine imposed by the Chinese government after a three-year investigation.
Carlsberg has raised its full-year profits forecast on the back of what the group has described as a "solid" third quarter.
Johnnie Walker-owner Diageo is the most exposed to a ban on alcohol in Thailand following the death of the country's king, an analyst has said.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends