Latest beverage news & analysis in Western Europe
It was 1997 and Anders Nanne knew Rekorderlig had hit the big time. The co-creator of the Swedish cider was driving out of Gothenburg airpor...
Late yesterday, Pernod Ricard confirmed that it has opened discussions with Sazerac with a view to selling its Paddy Irish whiskey brand. He...
Data company Nielsen CGA has released its first market report to compare the US on-trade with the UK's. Here are some of the key takeaways:...
This month, Richard Corbett considers the impact of a sugar tax on the UK CSD market....
The concept of selling wine online may not be a new one but, as more companies look towards 'home-trade' and the likes of Amazon and eBay enter the market, established players need to stay ahead of the game. Virgin Wines CEO Jay Wright tells just-drinks how his firm looks to grow it relevance in an increasingly-crowded market place.
Earlier this week, UK drinks company Conviviality agreed to purchase Bibendum PLB for GBP60m (US$88.5m), in what the country's Wine and Spirit Trade Association CEO Miles Beale called a "potentially seismic deal" for the industry.
The UK spirits industry is preparing itself for short-term losses following the decision to leave the European Union.
Two of the UK's leading independent cider producers have warned of short-term turmoil in the wake of Britain's vote to leave the EU but said longer-term repercussions are too difficult to predict.
Diageo has unveiled a new Smirnoff bottle to celebrate this year's Pride in London event.
Maxxium UK has said the UK spirits category can increase sales by 10% over the next 14 years, with more than half of the growth coming from the on-trade.
Gruppo Campari's UK unit has revamped the white rum and coconut brand Koko Kanu as it looks to attract 'urbanite' drinkers.
Beam Suntory is to launch the full Spanish Larios gin range in the UK, via Conviviality subsidiary Catalyst Brands.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends