Latest beverage news & analysis in Western Europe
Late yesterday, Pernod Ricard confirmed that it has opened discussions with Sazerac with a view to selling its Paddy Irish whiskey brand. He...
Data company Nielsen CGA has released its first market report to compare the US on-trade with the UK's. Here are some of the key takeaways:...
This month, Richard Corbett considers the impact of a sugar tax on the UK CSD market....
A spoonful of sugar was long thought to help the medicine go down. These days, the medicine is more of a tough pill to swallow - especially...
Earlier this week, UK drinks company Conviviality agreed to purchase Bibendum PLB for GBP60m (US$88.5m), in what the country's Wine and Spirit Trade Association CEO Miles Beale called a "potentially seismic deal" for the industry.
Scotland, already well-known for the quality of its whisky, is carving out a reputation as a centre of craft beer excellence. According to Nielsen data, craft beer consumers in Scotland drink more per head than almost anywhere else in the UK, and every year an increasing number of new breweries open to accommodate this thirst. Last year, there were 93 breweries in Scotland, the Campaign for Real Ale, says, with 20 of them opening over the past 12 months.
A total of 37 new wine producers were granted licences in England during calendar 2015, according to accountancy firm UHY Hacker Young.
The 'La Cité du Vin' wine exhibition in France is set to be officially inaugurated today.
Pernod Ricard has launched an e-commerce platform for the Malibu rum brand, as it looks to target 18- to 24-year-old consumers in the UK.
Halewood International has added a Raspberry Mojito flavour to its Caribbean Twist RTD range.
Diageo's Johnnie Walker Houses have reached Europe for the first time, with the company unveiling one of the premium retail outlets in Amsterdam's Schiphol airport.
Berry Bros & Rudd has confirmed the departure of its chief operating officer, just over a year after his appointment.
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends