Virgin Islands (US): Latest beverage news & analysis
Diageo has confirmed that it is under investigation by authorities in the US Virgin Islands over the importation of what the company calls "sugar cane intermediate" instead of molasses for the production of rum at its Captain Morgan facility on the island of St Croix.
Glazer’s has teamed with Premier Wines and Spirits to set up a distribution venture in the US Virgin Islands.
Diageo has moved to defend once again its rum partnership with the US Virgin Islands, after renewed calls for a review of the tie-up that sees it benefit from rebates on some of the rum it sells in the US.
Diageo has officially opened its controversial Captain Morgan rum distillery in the US Virgin Islands.
Diageo has launched a scathing attack on rival drinks group Bacardi, accusing the rum group of conducting a clandestine “campaign of misinformation” against Diageo's plan to move rum operations to the US Virgin Islands.
Diageo has signed an agreement to purchase land to build two 100,000 square foot barrel warehouses for maturing Captain Morgan rum in the US Virgin Islands.
Diageo has secured a site in the US Virgin Islands for the construction of its previously-announced Captain Morgan rum distillery.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Kirin eyes expansion after Byron Bay Brewing buy
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?