Venezuela: Latest beverage news & analysis
AmBev is attempting to turn around its troubled Venezuela business and gain greater share of the country's important beer market by signing a merger deal with Cerveceria Regional. Here, just-drinks examines the move.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has warned it may have to close its production plants in Venezuela if ongoing sugar shortages continue.
AmBev has said it will maintain a presence in Venezuela despite the closure of a brewery in the country.
Cargill has continued the expansion of its stevia-based product Truvia by launching in Venezuela, due to "growing consumer demand".
A price cap implemented by the Venezuelan Government on around 15,000 food, beverage and household products is likely to hit top-line growth at soft drinks firms in the country, Bernstein Research analysts have said.
A strike at Coca-Cola FEMSA's largest soft drinks facility in Venezuela has ended.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has accused trade unions of demanding salaries for workers that would jeopardise its business in Venezuela, as a strike continues at the bottler's major plant in the country.
AmBev is to merge its beer business in Venezuela with the country's second largest brewer, Cerveceria Regional, in order to mount a stronger challenge to market leader Empresas Polar.
Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez has threatened to nationalise Pepsi-Cola bottler Empresas Polar as part of a war against the “bourgeoise”, according to reports.
Pepsi Cola Venezuela has launched a legal appeal after it was fined and ordered by the president of the country to remove a publicity globe in the capital Caracas.
Packaging giant Tetra Pak is seeking talks with controversial Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez after he threatened to ignore patents protecting the group's products.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends