United States: Latest beverage news & analysis
It's not often that senior executives publicly express disappointment at their company's results. Last week's statement from Boston Beer Co, however, saw founder Jim Koch do just that.
On a conference call following the company's full-year results announcement this week, Dr Pepper Snapple Group CEO Larry Young said newly-acquired Bai would become one of the company's priority brands.
Earlier this week, Dr Pepper Snapple Group released its results for 2016. While net profits in the 12-month period rose by almost 11%, net sales growth was a slightly less impressive 4%. Here, just-drinks breaks down the soft drinks company's figures for last year by segment and brand.
On a pro-forma basis, Molson Coors' sales and volumes both fell by low single-digits in 2016. In reported terms, net sales were down by 2.3% last year, while volumes slipped by 0.8%. Here, just-drinks looks at the brewer's full-year results, released earlier this week, by region.
Ahead of the release on Tuesday of Dr Pepper Snapple Group's (DPSG) results for the fourth quarter and the 12 months of 2016, here's a look at the events that shaped the three months to the end of December for the soft drinks group.
Cott Corp has said its wider portfolio will give it a strong platform for the future after acquisitions last year widened net losses but boosted sales.
Bacardi has purchased a minority interest in mezcal producer Ilegal as the brand looks to expand its distribution footprint in the US.
The founder of Boston Beer Co has said the company's beers will emerge from a craft beer shakeout among the strongest in the category.
The Boston Beer Co has blamed a "wave of new beers" for a disappointing full-year performance in which depletions dropped 5%.
PepsiCo's marketing head for North American beverages will lead the company's newly-expanded nutritional brands unit.
PepsiCo has agreed to make changes to its Naked Juice labels in the US after settling a court battle over the brand's nutritional content.
Beam Suntory has appointed Todd Bloomquist to the role of general counsel. Beam Suntory has appointed Todd Bloomquist to the role of general counsel, replacing Kent Rose who will retire at the end of the year.
US lawmakers in Colorado have introduced a bill that would remove federal alcohol taxes on kombucha.
Two Molson Coors-owned breweries have agreed a "recipe swap", with each set to launch the other's beer in their home markets.
Quintessential Brands has launched its The Dubliner 10 Year Old in the US market as it looks to capitalise on the growing thirst for Irish whiskey.
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US.
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends