United States: Latest beverage news & analysis
Do craft brewers view private equity firms in the same way HG Wells did his Martians in War of the Worlds?
The theory goes that, as times grew tighter, private label companies were well-placed to reap the harvest. Cott Corp, however, showed that this was not as straightforward a theory as one would believe. Richard Corbett looks at how the company has performed and what it has done to turn around its fortunes.
Last week, Mast-Jägermeister, the German owner of the Jägermeister herbal liqueur, took control of its US distributor Sidney Frank Importing Co. Part of Mast-Jägermeister's new strategy to control distribution in its core markets, the acquisition was otherwise noteworthy because of the important role Sidney Frank has played in Jägermeister's global rise.With Jägermeister sales in the US under pressure, Mast-Jägermeister is looking to move away from its famous brand's reputation as a party shot and embrace the new craft spirits culture. But, as Mast-Jägermeister executive board member Michael Volke told just-drinks from New York last week, not completely away.
Brown-Forman's CEO has said sales of the Southern Comfort brand would have declined even faster if not for efforts by the company to shore them up.
Last week, analysts got a sneak preview of the Keurig Kold. It was a long-awaited chance to test-drive the home-carbonation platform that The Coca-Cola Co likes so much it invested at least US$1.25bn in maker Keurig Green Mountain.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to increase production of its Budweiser and Bud Light aluminium bottles with a US$170m upgrade at a US facility.
C&C Group has unveiled new packaging for its underperforming Woodchuck Hard Cider brand in the US.
Domaine Select Wine & Spirits has appointed a former Deutsch Family exec as its first CFO & COO.
The head of Arizona Beverage Corp has said beer could account for a quarter of his business within the next five years, according to a report.
E&J Gallo is to buy Talbott Vineyards, in California's Santa Lucia Highlands, for an undisclosed sum.
US spirits marketer and distributor Taliera has launched the Beach Whiskey range.
Mamma Chia has added a new range to its RTD chia-based juices that uses a selection of green vegetables.
Brown-Forman CEO Paul Varga has said he is “not obsessed” with foreign currency fluctuations, despite seeing them cut into the company's first-quarter profits.
A series of lawsuits over Beam Suntory's Bourbon labelling has ended after a judge threw the last remaining one out of court.
The Coca-Cola Co has claimed it is on course to be “water-neutral” in the next five years, and already replenishes 94% of the water it uses.
Is this the true breakfast of champions?
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly.
I've just got back from New York, where the owner of a successful string of Manhattan bars showed me one of his latest best-sellers.
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research