United States: Latest beverage news & analysis
Recent data compiled by North American market research provider Ipsos through its Alcohol Consumption Tracker highlights how the Cognac segment operates differently along ethnic lines in the US. Among black consumers, Cognac has been very popular historically, relying heavily on this ethnic group to drive much of its volume in the country. The situation has changed in recent years, however, as white consumers are becoming more engaged in the sector.
Last Friday, Roust Corp, the Moscow-based producer of Russian Standard vodka, filed for bankruptcy in New York City.
Constellation Brands' Mexican beer unit has proved to be a powerhouse for the company. Quarter after quarter, analysts have praised the performance of Corona and Modelo in the US as the company moved to buy and build new breweries to keep up with demand.
Reports in recent weeks have suggested that marijuana legalisation has created a drag on beer sales in states like Colorado, Washington, and Oregon. Although it is not yet clear what the long-term effects of marijuana legalisation will be, I see no evidence that, in the short term, legalisation has had an effect on beer sales.
As Muhtar Kent prepares to step down as CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, the question everyone will be asking is: What will his legacy be?
Pernod Ricard has introduced a new Absolut vodka flavour to the US market.
Legalised marijuana use in the US is unlikely to threaten beer consumption in the country, according to analysts at Bernstein, as has been widely feared by brewers.
Beam Suntory has secured a sponsorship deal for its Jim Beam Bourbon brand in the US with Major League Baseball team the Chicago Cubs.
The Coca-Cola Co has added two new juice variants to its Simply portfolio in the US.
Missouri-based Sportables has launched a range of flavoured teas designed to reduce post-workout recovery time.
US spirits company The Beach Whiskey Co has bought the American Harvest organic vodka brand.
MundoVino has been appointed exclusive US importer for Chilean wine firm Viña Tarapacá's Gran Reserva wines.
Six months after retiring the Keurig Kold home-carbonation system, Keurig Green Mountain has found a new partner in Anheuser-Busch InBev to revitalise the platform, this time as an "in-home alcohol drink system".
Sazerac-controlled importer 375 Park Avenue Spirits has appointed a former Bacardi executive to the role of president & COO.
Fiji Water has launched a new bottle design in the US as it looks to target the convenience market.
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US.
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot.
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends