United States: Latest beverage news & analysis
Last week, analysts got a sneak preview of the Keurig Kold. It was a long-awaited chance to test-drive the home-carbonation platform that The Coca-Cola Co likes so much it invested at least US$1.25bn in maker Keurig Green Mountain.
The head of Cott Corp has said he expects North American carbonated soft drink volumes to sink by as much as 10% this year as the category continues to decline.
The head of Monster Beverage has said distributors outside of the US have shown “scepticism” over the ongoing transition of The Coca-Cola Co's energy portfolio.
The CEO of Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has said there is “no real mystery” surrounding its talks with The Coca-Cola Co over pricing.
The CEO of Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has said it is “still early days” for a new range of naturally-sweetened CSDs as the company launches US tests.
Brown-Forman has appointed two more Brown family members to its board of directors as control passes to a new generation.
PepsiCo has launched a new Pepsi flavour in the US that targets Hispanics.
Nestle Waters has added a new flavour to its Perrier range of sparkling mineral water.
Willamette Valley Vineyards has posted a surge in first-quarter profits as a good harvest helped boost sales.
Californian wine producer Duckhorn Wine Co has acquired Napa Valley’s Three Palms Vineyard for an undisclosed fee.
Phillips Distilling Co has launched a sangria-flavoured vodka to meet rising demand for the wine cocktail.
The 2014 vintage was made from Russian River Valley fruit and it joins Late Harvest Chardonnay and Founders Reserve Legacy Chardonnay under the Winemaker’s Reserve umbrella.
The Double Cola Co has said it will increase the footprint of its coconut water brand Minoku in the US after signing new distribution deals.
SPI Group has appointed the former head of Remy Martin to lead its US & Canada unit.
MillerCoors has appointed an interim CEO after posting a rise in Q1 profits, despite stagnant sales.
Hot on the heels of Kidnapping Mr Heineken comes news of another explosive episode in beverage history set for the Hollywood treatment.
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app.
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review