United Kingdom: Latest beverage news & analysis
Stock Spirits posted a sharp drop in first half sales and profits today as Poland continued to underperform. Here just-drinks takes a look at the figures for each of the group's regions:
Not many business empires begin with a holiday to Peru. But that was the genesis of Chilli Marketing, which last week sold the UK rights of Swedish cider brand Rekorderlig to Molson Coors.
Two international beverage companies released financial results yesterday - SABMiller and Diageo - to differing reactions.
Cocktail mixers and syrups firm Funkin is now part of the AG Barr portfolio after the closure of a multi-million deal last month. Here, Funkin CEO Andrew King explains how he can help Barr grow its on-trade presence, why Angola is a new focus for cocktails and what he has planned for Irn Bru.
Yesterday afternoon, the Chancellor of the Exchequer announced his Budget for the UK. From Monday (23 March), the following duty changes will come into effect on alcoholic products sold in the country:
Molson Coors' Cornwall brewery, Sharp's, has released a limited-edition amber ale.
Britvic is continuing to cut sugar from its portfolio with the release of a sugar-free Tango Orange.
UK beer sales slipped in the past 12 months as the industry struggled against a football-free summer, new figures have shown.
Scottish brewer Innis & Gunn has released a seasonal Bourbon-flavoured ale in the UK.
AG Barr is to end production of its returnable bottles after a GBP5m (US$7.8m) upgrade at its bottling plant in Scotland.
Essential Health Products has launched an extension to its Qcumber range that is designed to be mixed with gin and vodka.
C&C Group's on-trade wine range Oliver & Greg's has overhauled its packaging, including a new slimline bottle.
Britvic is to launch reformulated ranges across its Robinsons Fruit Shoot My-5 and Hydro brands in a bid to reduce calories and sweetness levels.
Stock Spirits has posted a sharp drop in first half sales and profits, but said Poland's performance improved “significantly” after weakness in the country dragged on Q1.
Cava is losing heavily to Prosecco in the UK off-trade as sales for the Spanish sparkling wine dropped by 11% in the past year, new figures have shown.
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns.
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair.
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research