United Kingdom: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier this week, UK drinks company Conviviality agreed to purchase Bibendum PLB for GBP60m (US$88.5m), in what the country's Wine and Spirit Trade Association CEO Miles Beale called a "potentially seismic deal" for the industry.
Scotland, already well-known for the quality of its whisky, is carving out a reputation as a centre of craft beer excellence. According to Nielsen data, craft beer consumers in Scotland drink more per head than almost anywhere else in the UK, and every year an increasing number of new breweries open to accommodate this thirst. Last year, there were 93 breweries in Scotland, the Campaign for Real Ale, says, with 20 of them opening over the past 12 months.
Data company Nielsen CGA has released its first market report to compare the US on-trade with the UK's. Here are some of the key takeaways:
This month, Richard Corbett considers the impact of a sugar tax on the UK CSD market.
A spoonful of sugar was long thought to help the medicine go down. These days, the medicine is more of a tough pill to swallow - especially for soft drinks producers.
Kopparberg is to launch a Summer marketing campaign in the UK for its Fruit Lager radler.
Bar and spirits company Leelex is to build a "multi-million pound" distillery as it looks to bring production of its Portobello Road gin brand in-house.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has launched a new three-pack for its 33cl Stella Artois bottles as it expands packaging formats in the UK
La Martiniquaise-Bardinet has lined up an extension of the 'Classic' expressions of Glen Moray single malt.
UK drinks producer Halewood International has said a new pre-mix Red Square Vodka can will help the brand appeal to more female consumers.
UK producer Corinthian Brands has launched a new range of coconut waters in single-serve cans.
Langatun Distillery has released a range of Swiss whiskies in the UK.
Scandinavian dairy company Arla Foods is to launch Cravendale milk in 25cl bottles as it targets the UK soft drinks channel.
A new single malt Scotch whisky distillery that aims to produce two million litres in its first year signals a move away from the "recent surge" in craft distilleries, its owner has said.
Multiple Marketing has added three new lines to its Sunmagic range, including a coconut water, cold-pressed fruit and vegetable smoothies and low-calorie, low-sugar juice drinks.
The rules have changed. The goal posts have... gone?
Coca-Cola Enterprises CEO John Brock came out fighting against the UK government's proposed sugar tax, saying he doesn't think it will pass unchanged.
Women don't get drunk - and certainly not on Heineken.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China