United Kingdom: Latest beverage news & analysis
Two international beverage companies released financial results yesterday - SABMiller and Diageo - to differing reactions.
Cocktail mixers and syrups firm Funkin is now part of the AG Barr portfolio after the closure of a multi-million deal last month. Here, Funkin CEO Andrew King explains how he can help Barr grow its on-trade presence, why Angola is a new focus for cocktails and what he has planned for Irn Bru.
Yesterday afternoon, the Chancellor of the Exchequer announced his Budget for the UK. From Monday (23 March), the following duty changes will come into effect on alcoholic products sold in the country:
Nick Miller spent 25 years working for big brewers - most recently with SABMiller - before deciding to take the role of CEO at London's Meantime Brewing Co in 2011. Here, Surrey-born Miller explains who he regards as competition, the future for UK craft brewers and the firm's plans for this year.
Britvic announced flat sales in Q1 results today, as competition in the UK remained strong. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region.
Refresco Gerber UK is to extend production of its Tesco-branded beverages into energy drinks and flavoured water.
UK trade body The Can Makers has launched a website that aims to help independent brewers sell their beers in canned formats.
AG Barr acquisition Funkin is to roll out new packaging across the portfolio as it looks to standardise branding.
The Swedish Cider Co has launched two seasonal flavours in its älska cider range.
Casella Family Brands has launched a UK marketing campaign for its Yellow Tail wine brand that aims to hand out 3,500 samples a day in the coming weeks.
William Grant & Sons has commissioned two online 'films' for its Glenfiddich single malt Scotch whisky brand.
Scottish soft drinks maker Summerhouse Drinks has launched a tonic water to target growing demand for gin.
Heineken is to support the launch of a new flavour in its Old Mout cider range with a GBP4m (US$6m) marketing campaign.
London-based MightyBee has launched its first products, a range of coconut water beverages.
German drinks supplier MBG Group has completed its acquisition of The Feel Good Drinks Co, days after buying a stake in another UK drinks firm.
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches.
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal.
Perhaps because it's a Friday and I'm a bit hungry, but Pernod Ricard's idea to launch a 'London Steak Awards' backed by its Argentinian wine brand Graffigna seems like clever marketing.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research