United Kingdom: Latest beverage news & analysis
Stock Spirits posted a sharp drop in first half sales and profits today as Poland continued to underperform. Here just-drinks takes a look at the figures for each of the group's regions:
Not many business empires begin with a holiday to Peru. But that was the genesis of Chilli Marketing, which last week sold the UK rights of Swedish cider brand Rekorderlig to Molson Coors.
Two international beverage companies released financial results yesterday - SABMiller and Diageo - to differing reactions.
Cocktail mixers and syrups firm Funkin is now part of the AG Barr portfolio after the closure of a multi-million deal last month. Here, Funkin CEO Andrew King explains how he can help Barr grow its on-trade presence, why Angola is a new focus for cocktails and what he has planned for Irn Bru.
Yesterday afternoon, the Chancellor of the Exchequer announced his Budget for the UK. From Monday (23 March), the following duty changes will come into effect on alcoholic products sold in the country:
The board of SABMiller has formally rejected Anheuser-Busch InBev's offer of GBP42.15 per share, stating that the proposal undervalues the company.
Anheuser-Busch InBev’s CEO Carlos Brito has said Africa would play a “vital role” in the future of a combined AB InBev/SABMiller entity.
Diageo has sold off stakes in two beer businesses to Heineken for US$780.5m as it strengthens its grip on its Guinness brewery in Ghana.
Remy Cointreau's Bruichladdich Scotch whisky brand has released the latest iteration of its Octomore single malt. Available online from this week,
The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has upheld a complaint against Heineken UK for a Strongbow YouTube advert.
SABMiller has reported a healthy lift of its top line in the second quarter, with half-year sales accelerating in the latter three months.
Supermarket giant Tesco has announced it will pull "a number of" brand Carlsberg SKUs from its shelves in the UK.
Inver House Distillers marked its 50th year with a solid jump in full-year profits, led by growth for its core single malt Scotch whiskies.
Diageo has appointed Kathryn Mikells as its new CFO as present incumbent Deirdre Mahlan heads to North America.
Moet Hennessy has released a limited edition extension of its Glenmorangie single malt brand, exclusively in the UK.
Brewdog, the Scottish brewery with a self-styled “punk” demeanour, prides itself on punching up.
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns.
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins.
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research