Thailand: Latest beverage news & analysis
PepsiCo's partnership with Serm Suk is under threat after 59 years, signalling the dawn of a new and inevitably challenging era for the soft drinks firm in the country.
Bacardi's Global Travel Retail unit has launched a seasonal campaign for its Grey Goose vodka brand at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport.
Johnnie Walker-owner Diageo is the most exposed to a ban on alcohol in Thailand following the death of the country's king, an analyst has said.
C&C Group has switched distribution partners for Magners in Thailand, dropping a previous agreement for a tie-up with San Miguel Brewery.
Thailand beverage producer Singha is to invest THB500m (US$14m) annually to boost tourism and agriculture projects in Chiang Rai, northern Thailand.
Diageo is testing a "smart bottle" in Thailand that uses sensor tags to combat counterfeiting and push brand marketing directly to consumers.
ThaiBev has posted a jump in nine-month net profits from the Q3 sale of its Myanmar beer business and a leap in beer volumes.
A drinks trade body in Thailand has hit out against new measures to ban alcohol sales near academic institutions, saying the plans could impact 125,000 jobs.
Thailand has scrapped a proposal to ban alcohol sales over the New Year and Thai New Year celebrations, according to local reports.
Price increases on spirits and beer helped push ThaiBev's year-to-date sales and profits up despite a weak soft drinks performance.
Serm Suk, the Thailand-based soft drinks producer, has agreed to sell the Est cola brand to ThaiBev subsidiary International Beverage Holdings for THB1.56bn (US$48m).
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving?
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends