Thailand: Latest beverage news & analysis
PepsiCo's partnership with Serm Suk is under threat after 59 years, signalling the dawn of a new and inevitably challenging era for the soft drinks firm in the country.
A drinks trade body in Thailand has hit out against new measures to ban alcohol sales near academic institutions, saying the plans could impact 125,000 jobs.
Thailand has scrapped a proposal to ban alcohol sales over the New Year and Thai New Year celebrations, according to local reports.
Price increases on spirits and beer helped push ThaiBev's year-to-date sales and profits up despite a weak soft drinks performance.
Serm Suk, the Thailand-based soft drinks producer, has agreed to sell the Est cola brand to ThaiBev subsidiary International Beverage Holdings for THB1.56bn (US$48m).
Tito’s Handmade Vodka has extended the export presence for its namesake brand to include Thailand.
Thailand's Ichitan Group is to build a plant in Indonesia after agreeing to set up a THB1.18bn (US$37m) joint-venture with PT Atri Pasifix.
Pernod Ricard's wine unit has launched a Jacob's Creek blended red in Thailand designed to match the country's cuisine.
ThaiBev has posted a sharp drop in YTD net profits as falling beer sales, caused by a halt in production, hampered the group.
PepsiCo is rolling out its Mountain Dew brand in Thailand, backed by a multi-media marketing campaign.
The Coca-Cola Co has ramped up its Share a Coke campaign with packaging in Thailand that features compliments such as “handsome one” and “beautiful one”.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research