Thailand: Latest beverage news & analysis
PepsiCo's partnership with Serm Suk is under threat after 59 years, signalling the dawn of a new and inevitably challenging era for the soft drinks firm in the country.
C&C Group has switched distribution partners for Magners in Thailand, dropping a previous agreement for a tie-up with San Miguel Brewery.
Thailand beverage producer Singha is to invest THB500m (US$14m) annually to boost tourism and agriculture projects in Chiang Rai, northern Thailand.
Diageo is testing a "smart bottle" in Thailand that uses sensor tags to combat counterfeiting and push brand marketing directly to consumers.
ThaiBev has posted a jump in nine-month net profits from the Q3 sale of its Myanmar beer business and a leap in beer volumes.
A drinks trade body in Thailand has hit out against new measures to ban alcohol sales near academic institutions, saying the plans could impact 125,000 jobs.
Thailand has scrapped a proposal to ban alcohol sales over the New Year and Thai New Year celebrations, according to local reports.
Price increases on spirits and beer helped push ThaiBev's year-to-date sales and profits up despite a weak soft drinks performance.
Serm Suk, the Thailand-based soft drinks producer, has agreed to sell the Est cola brand to ThaiBev subsidiary International Beverage Holdings for THB1.56bn (US$48m).
Tito’s Handmade Vodka has extended the export presence for its namesake brand to include Thailand.
Thailand's Ichitan Group is to build a plant in Indonesia after agreeing to set up a THB1.18bn (US$37m) joint-venture with PT Atri Pasifix.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving?
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends