Sweden: Latest beverage news & analysis
The second conference on alcohol-related harm convened by the Swedish Presidency of the EU included a large representation of NGOs opposed to self-regulation as a way of tackling alcohol-related harm. Ben Cooper asked representatives of the two industry bodies invited to speak whether they received a fair hearing.
Purity Vodka and Pernod Ricard-owned The Absolut Company have settled their legal differences following disputes over marketing claims and trademarks in the US and Sweden.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has said Sweden will be the second European country to roll out the stevia-sweetened Coca-Cola Life.
Brooklyn Brewery and Carlsberg have lifted the curtain on a new joint brewery in Sweden.
Brand development group Rok Star has secured Swedish distribution for its recently-launched Irish whiskey brand, Uisce Beatha.
The head of Swedish whiskey maker Mackmyra has said smaller distillers face an uphill battle in the export market because of a lack of spending power.
Pernod Ricard has appointed a replacement for the recently-departed director for Global Travel Retail at its The Absolut Co unit.
Mackmyra Svensk Whisky's Mackmyra Midvinter
Brooklyn Brewery is teaming up with Carlsberg to build a brewery in Sweden - the US firm's largest export market.
Carlsberg Sweden is making a move into craft beer with the launch of a new "craft-style lager" - the first brew to come from its Backyard Brewery concept.
Altia has signed a deal to acquire Xanté Co from the Swedish Tilander family.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research