Spain: Latest beverage news & analysis
just-drinks is in Madrid today as a guest of Mahou San Miguel. Here's a look at how the company has grown to become Spain's beer market leader.
Greetings from Jerez in southern Spain, the home of the Sherry industry. I'm here with Edrington to learn about the importance of Sherry casks to the producers of Scotch whisky.
Kicking off just-drinks’ 2006 harvest reports from northern hemisphere wine regions, Chris Losh takes a look at the contrasting fortunes experienced this year by Spanish and Portuguese wine producers.
Reform of EU wine policy has long been viewed as a necessity, but may be closer to becoming a reality, judging by recent remarks from agriculture commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel. A timetable for reform is now in place, beginning with the publication of a Commission policy paper on the subject next month. Alan Osborn reports.
Brown-Forman is to bring its Spanish distribution in-house next year as it increases control of its global supply chain.
The Coca-Cola Co's Spanish arm has launched two Aquarius Vive flavours - Lemon-Lime and Tropical - as it looks to move the brand away from sports drinks.
Mahou San Miguel has reported a double-digit rise in full-year operating profits on a 2% lift in sales.
Mahou San Miguel has secured a 40% holding in Spanish craft brewer Nómada Brewing Co.
Spanish Cava producer Freixenet has declined to comment on a report it has received a takeover offer.
González Byass has sealed the purchase of Spanish winery Pazos de Lusco.
Sales of Rioja inched up last year, according to new figures, with domestic sales of the Spanish DOC wine recording a lift for the first time since 2008's economic downturn.
Spanish wine producer Bodegas Murviedro has confirmed the imminent departure of CEO Diego Talavera.
The trade association for the Sherry category has secured the use of the '.wine' domain name for its recently-relaunched website.
Beam Suntory is to sell its Jerez-based brandy and Sherry business to Philippines-based brandy producer Emperador.
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends