Spain: Latest beverage news & analysis
just-drinks is in Madrid today as a guest of Mahou San Miguel. Here's a look at how the company has grown to become Spain's beer market leader.
Greetings from Jerez in southern Spain, the home of the Sherry industry. I'm here with Edrington to learn about the importance of Sherry casks to the producers of Scotch whisky.
Kicking off just-drinks’ 2006 harvest reports from northern hemisphere wine regions, Chris Losh takes a look at the contrasting fortunes experienced this year by Spanish and Portuguese wine producers.
Reform of EU wine policy has long been viewed as a necessity, but may be closer to becoming a reality, judging by recent remarks from agriculture commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel. A timetable for reform is now in place, beginning with the publication of a Commission policy paper on the subject next month. Alan Osborn reports.
The Coca-Cola Co's Spanish unit has lined up range of 'premium' mixers for the country's on-premise.
Suntory Holdings' European soft drinks unit, Orangina Schweppes Group, has completed an upgrade to its Spanish R&D centre as part of an overall EUR14m (US$14.5m) long-term investment.
Spanish spirits producer Destilerias MG has purchased a majority share in importer Amer Gourmet.
The head of Mahou San Miguel's International unit, Jonathan Stordy, has stepped down after four years with the Spanish brewer.
A just-announced Spanish sugar tax on soft drinks could dent CCEP's overall volumes by 1.5%, an analyst has predicted.
Heineken has launched a 0% alcohol version of its Cruzcampo beer in Spain.
Brown-Forman is to bring its Spanish distribution in-house next year as it increases control of its global supply chain.
The Coca-Cola Co's Spanish arm has launched two Aquarius Vive flavours - Lemon-Lime and Tropical - as it looks to move the brand away from sports drinks.
Mahou San Miguel has reported a double-digit rise in full-year operating profits on a 2% lift in sales.
Mahou San Miguel has secured a 40% holding in Spanish craft brewer Nómada Brewing Co.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts