Spain: Latest beverage news & analysis
Greetings from Jerez in southern Spain, the home of the Sherry industry. I'm here with Edrington to learn about the importance of Sherry casks to the producers of Scotch whisky.
Kicking off just-drinks’ 2006 harvest reports from northern hemisphere wine regions, Chris Losh takes a look at the contrasting fortunes experienced this year by Spanish and Portuguese wine producers.
Reform of EU wine policy has long been viewed as a necessity, but may be closer to becoming a reality, judging by recent remarks from agriculture commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel. A timetable for reform is now in place, beginning with the publication of a Commission policy paper on the subject next month. Alan Osborn reports.
Pernod Ricard has launched a Travel Retail-exclusive Rioja under its Campo Viejo wine brand.
González Byass has posted a strong rise in profits for its fiscal full-year, with exports driving the performance.
Spain's Grupo Cacaolat has launched an addition to its namesake smoothie range that has nutrition as its emphasis.
The European Commission has amended European Union (EU) marketing rules for Spanish sloe-flavoured liqueur Pacharán by insisting that a generic description is used when the product is made outside of Spain.
Grupo Damm said it expects to create 100 extra jobs in 2015, building on the 100 employees it took on last year.
Spanish wine group Freixenet has extended its long-running sponsorship deal with football club Barcelona for another season.
Spanish orange grower Naranjas Che has launched an organic alcoholic wine made from oranges.
Groupe Danone has opened its first branded airport outlet for its Evian bottled water brand at Madrid Barajas airport in partnership with Spanish Travel Retail firm Arèas.
Russian Standard has agreed a new distribution deal for its namesake vodka in Spain.
Emperador Inc's Spanish unit has agreed to buy 230 hectares of vineyard in Toledo as the Philippine company looks to up its global brandy reach.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research