Spain: Latest beverage news & analysis
just-drinks is in Madrid today as a guest of Mahou San Miguel. Here's a look at how the company has grown to become Spain's beer market leader.
Greetings from Jerez in southern Spain, the home of the Sherry industry. I'm here with Edrington to learn about the importance of Sherry casks to the producers of Scotch whisky.
Kicking off just-drinks’ 2006 harvest reports from northern hemisphere wine regions, Chris Losh takes a look at the contrasting fortunes experienced this year by Spanish and Portuguese wine producers.
Reform of EU wine policy has long been viewed as a necessity, but may be closer to becoming a reality, judging by recent remarks from agriculture commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel. A timetable for reform is now in place, beginning with the publication of a Commission policy paper on the subject next month. Alan Osborn reports.
Mahou San Miguel has reported a double-digit rise in full-year operating profits on a 2% lift in sales.
Mahou San Miguel has secured a 40% holding in Spanish craft brewer Nómada Brewing Co.
Spanish Cava producer Freixenet has declined to comment on a report it has received a takeover offer.
González Byass has sealed the purchase of Spanish winery Pazos de Lusco.
Sales of Rioja inched up last year, according to new figures, with domestic sales of the Spanish DOC wine recording a lift for the first time since 2008's economic downturn.
Spanish wine producer Bodegas Murviedro has confirmed the imminent departure of CEO Diego Talavera.
The trade association for the Sherry category has secured the use of the '.wine' domain name for its recently-relaunched website.
Beam Suntory is to sell its Jerez-based brandy and Sherry business to Philippines-based brandy producer Emperador.
The head of Mahou San Miguel's international operations has defended the company's decision to branch out into India, a market where the brewer is not able to sell its flagship San Miguel beer brand.
US-based Tito's Handmade Vodka has rolled out to Spain, Denmark and Switzerland.
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard to shut down Morris Winery
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview