Slovenia: Latest beverage news & analysis
Nine months after Pivovarna Lasko hung out the 'for sale' sign, Heineken has emerged as the Slovenian firm's favoured suitor – or should that be saviour?
Heineken has completed its acquisition of a majority stake in Slovenian brewer and soft drinks producer Pivovarna Lasko.
Heineken has emerged victorious from the auction process for a majority stake in Slovenian brewer and soft drinks producer Pivovarna Lasko.
Pivovarna Lasko is poised to welcome a new majority owner, with the auction process for over half of the Slovenian brewer and soft drinks producer entering the home straight.
Heineken has confirmed that it has registered an interest in acquiring Slovenia-based brewer and soft drinks producer Pivovarna Laško.
Slovenia has scrapped a proposed tax on soft drinks that business leaders claimed would have been an “additional burden” on the economy, according to a report.
Pivovarna Laško, a Slovenia-based brewer and soft drinks producer, has confirmed it remains up for sale and is looking for the buyer to spend at least EUR75m (US$96m) on the business.
Lasko Group, the parent company of Slovenia's Pivovarna Lasko brewer, has sold a 57.6% stake in Kosovo-based Birra Peja.
Pivovarna Lasko has begun a search for a strategic investor willing to inject at least EUR75m (US$102.1m) of fresh capital into the company.
Slovenia's Competition Protection Office has lifted a decision to ban Pivovarna Lasko from disposing of its stake in Mercator, according to reports.
Pivovarna Lasko has received shareholder support for the sale of its Fructal juice business to Serbia-based Nectar.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller