Singapore: Latest beverage news & analysis
Ahead of next week's TFWA Asia Pacific Exhibition & Conference in Singapore, which starts on Sunday, Joe Bates surveys the Travel Retail landscape in the region.
On Sunday (11 May), the Asia Pacific leg of Tax Free World Association's exhibition series kicks off. The event takes place against a backdrop of trading ills for international drinks companies in the domestic Chinese market. Joe Bates previews the exhibition and considers whether the China travails will seep into the region's broader Travel Retail channel.
A change of CEO and the end of its 75-year partnership with The Coca-Cola Co, could signal a change of direction for Fraser & Neave (F&N) and the boost it needs to push further into the Asean region.
Exhibitors and visitors to the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) Asia Pacific show in Singapore, which opens this Sunday (9 May), have good reason to be optimistic. The Asian duty-free business has rebounded quickly from last year’s global economic downturn. Joe Bates considers the current state of the travel retail sector in the region, ahead of next week's show.
The Coca-Cola Co has rolled out an official e-store in Singapore through online marketplace Lazada.
Diageo has launched three new Johnnie Walker ranges through its brand house in Singapore, to celebrate the Lunar New Year 2017.
C&C Group has signed a Singaporean distribution deal for Magners as it continues to strengthen its global footprint.
ThaiBev subsidiary Fraser & Neave has confirmed speculation that it has "expressed an interest to acquire" SABMiller's Peroni and Grolsch brands.
Diageo has launched a new pack for Johnnie Walker Blue Label exclusively for Singapore Airlines.
Gruppo Campari has released a 43-year-old iteration of its Glen Grant single malt Scotch whisky, with all ten units available exclusively in Singapore.
Coca-cola Singapore Beverages (CCSB) is to wind down its manufacturing operations at its bottling plant in Tuas, with full closure planned for February.
Diageo has added a new city to its skyline-inspired range of Johnnie Walker Blue Label bottles.
Diageo and DFS Group have opened the latest Johnnie Walker-dedicated retail outlet, in Singapore Changi Terminal 3.
Bacardi has launched a new edition of its Cognac and angelica root liqueur Benedictine exclusively into Singapore's Changi airport.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?