Singapore: Latest beverage news & analysis
On Sunday (11 May), the Asia Pacific leg of Tax Free World Association's exhibition series kicks off. The event takes place against a backdrop of trading ills for international drinks companies in the domestic Chinese market. Joe Bates previews the exhibition and considers whether the China travails will seep into the region's broader Travel Retail channel.
A change of CEO and the end of its 75-year partnership with The Coca-Cola Co, could signal a change of direction for Fraser & Neave (F&N) and the boost it needs to push further into the Asean region.
Exhibitors and visitors to the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) Asia Pacific show in Singapore, which opens this Sunday (9 May), have good reason to be optimistic. The Asian duty-free business has rebounded quickly from last year’s global economic downturn. Joe Bates considers the current state of the travel retail sector in the region, ahead of next week's show.
Bacardi has launched a new edition of its Cognac and angelica root liqueur Benedictine exclusively into Singapore's Changi airport.
Berry Bros & Rudd is set to release a 1968, single cask expression of The Glenrothes single malt.
C&C Group is rolling out a variant of its Tennent's lager brand containing single malt Scotch whisky to Asia.
Messe Düsseldorf, the German group behind ProWein, is launching a new biennial wine and spirits event in Singapore in 2016.
Diageo's single grain Scotch whisky Haig Club has debuted in Travel Retail with a marketing campaign at Singapore's Changi Airport.
Edrington is to launch Snow Leopard in Vietnam and Taiwan as it continues to expand the vodka brand's Asian footprint.
Diageo has announced a change of marketing director at its Travel Retail & Middle East (GTME) division.
Heineken is hoping to turn the attention of Asia's beer consumers nearer to home in a marketing push for its Tiger beer brand.
The finance director at Heineken's Asia Pacific unit has moved to head up several of the brewer's Asian markets following the departure of its regional director for Singapore, Indochina and Exports.
Fraser and Neave (F&N) has bought a 70% stake in Malaysian canned beverage maker Yoke Food Industries for SGD21m (US$16.7m).
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research