Singapore: Latest beverage news & analysis
Ahead of next week's TFWA Asia Pacific Exhibition & Conference in Singapore, which starts on Sunday, Joe Bates surveys the Travel Retail landscape in the region.
On Sunday (11 May), the Asia Pacific leg of Tax Free World Association's exhibition series kicks off. The event takes place against a backdrop of trading ills for international drinks companies in the domestic Chinese market. Joe Bates previews the exhibition and considers whether the China travails will seep into the region's broader Travel Retail channel.
A change of CEO and the end of its 75-year partnership with The Coca-Cola Co, could signal a change of direction for Fraser & Neave (F&N) and the boost it needs to push further into the Asean region.
Exhibitors and visitors to the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) Asia Pacific show in Singapore, which opens this Sunday (9 May), have good reason to be optimistic. The Asian duty-free business has rebounded quickly from last year’s global economic downturn. Joe Bates considers the current state of the travel retail sector in the region, ahead of next week's show.
Diageo and DFS Group have opened the latest Johnnie Walker-dedicated retail outlet, in Singapore Changi Terminal 3.
Bacardi has launched a new edition of its Cognac and angelica root liqueur Benedictine exclusively into Singapore's Changi airport.
Berry Bros & Rudd is set to release a 1968, single cask expression of The Glenrothes single malt.
C&C Group is rolling out a variant of its Tennent's lager brand containing single malt Scotch whisky to Asia.
Messe Düsseldorf, the German group behind ProWein, is launching a new biennial wine and spirits event in Singapore in 2016.
Diageo's single grain Scotch whisky Haig Club has debuted in Travel Retail with a marketing campaign at Singapore's Changi Airport.
Edrington is to launch Snow Leopard in Vietnam and Taiwan as it continues to expand the vodka brand's Asian footprint.
Diageo has announced a change of marketing director at its Travel Retail & Middle East (GTME) division.
Heineken is hoping to turn the attention of Asia's beer consumers nearer to home in a marketing push for its Tiger beer brand.
The finance director at Heineken's Asia Pacific unit has moved to head up several of the brewer's Asian markets following the departure of its regional director for Singapore, Indochina and Exports.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer