Singapore: Latest beverage news & analysis
On Sunday (11 May), the Asia Pacific leg of Tax Free World Association's exhibition series kicks off. The event takes place against a backdrop of trading ills for international drinks companies in the domestic Chinese market. Joe Bates previews the exhibition and considers whether the China travails will seep into the region's broader Travel Retail channel.
A change of CEO and the end of its 75-year partnership with The Coca-Cola Co, could signal a change of direction for Fraser & Neave (F&N) and the boost it needs to push further into the Asean region.
Exhibitors and visitors to the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) Asia Pacific show in Singapore, which opens this Sunday (9 May), have good reason to be optimistic. The Asian duty-free business has rebounded quickly from last year’s global economic downturn. Joe Bates considers the current state of the travel retail sector in the region, ahead of next week's show.
Bacardi has launched a new edition of its Cognac and angelica root liqueur Benedictine exclusively into Singapore's Changi airport.
Berry Bros & Rudd is set to release a 1968, single cask expression of The Glenrothes single malt.
C&C Group is rolling out a variant of its Tennent's lager brand containing single malt Scotch whisky to Asia.
Messe Düsseldorf, the German group behind ProWein, is launching a new biennial wine and spirits event in Singapore in 2016.
Diageo's single grain Scotch whisky Haig Club has debuted in Travel Retail with a marketing campaign at Singapore's Changi Airport.
Edrington is to launch Snow Leopard in Vietnam and Taiwan as it continues to expand the vodka brand's Asian footprint.
Diageo has announced a change of marketing director at its Travel Retail & Middle East (GTME) division.
Heineken is hoping to turn the attention of Asia's beer consumers nearer to home in a marketing push for its Tiger beer brand.
The finance director at Heineken's Asia Pacific unit has moved to head up several of the brewer's Asian markets following the departure of its regional director for Singapore, Indochina and Exports.
Fraser and Neave (F&N) has bought a 70% stake in Malaysian canned beverage maker Yoke Food Industries for SGD21m (US$16.7m).
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future