Singapore: Latest beverage news & analysis
Ahead of next week's TFWA Asia Pacific Exhibition & Conference in Singapore, which starts on Sunday, Joe Bates surveys the Travel Retail landscape in the region.
On Sunday (11 May), the Asia Pacific leg of Tax Free World Association's exhibition series kicks off. The event takes place against a backdrop of trading ills for international drinks companies in the domestic Chinese market. Joe Bates previews the exhibition and considers whether the China travails will seep into the region's broader Travel Retail channel.
A change of CEO and the end of its 75-year partnership with The Coca-Cola Co, could signal a change of direction for Fraser & Neave (F&N) and the boost it needs to push further into the Asean region.
Exhibitors and visitors to the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) Asia Pacific show in Singapore, which opens this Sunday (9 May), have good reason to be optimistic. The Asian duty-free business has rebounded quickly from last year’s global economic downturn. Joe Bates considers the current state of the travel retail sector in the region, ahead of next week's show.
C&C Group has signed a Singaporean distribution deal for Magners as it continues to strengthen its global footprint.
ThaiBev subsidiary Fraser & Neave has confirmed speculation that it has "expressed an interest to acquire" SABMiller's Peroni and Grolsch brands.
Diageo has launched a new pack for Johnnie Walker Blue Label exclusively for Singapore Airlines.
Gruppo Campari has released a 43-year-old iteration of its Glen Grant single malt Scotch whisky, with all ten units available exclusively in Singapore.
Coca-cola Singapore Beverages (CCSB) is to wind down its manufacturing operations at its bottling plant in Tuas, with full closure planned for February.
Diageo has added a new city to its skyline-inspired range of Johnnie Walker Blue Label bottles.
Diageo and DFS Group have opened the latest Johnnie Walker-dedicated retail outlet, in Singapore Changi Terminal 3.
Bacardi has launched a new edition of its Cognac and angelica root liqueur Benedictine exclusively into Singapore's Changi airport.
Berry Bros & Rudd is set to release a 1968, single cask expression of The Glenrothes single malt.
C&C Group is rolling out a variant of its Tennent's lager brand containing single malt Scotch whisky to Asia.
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages