Portugal: Latest beverage news & analysis
Back in September, Portuguese wine producer Esporao celebrated its 40th anniversary. But, while the Alentejo-based firm is proud of its history, the company is transforming itself into a progressive operation, thanks to its CEO, Joao Roquette. just-drinks' deputy editor, James Wilmore, visited Esporao's vineyards to talk wine, revolution and jazz with the company chief.
Synthetic corks and screw-caps may have once been frowned upon by wine cognoscenti, but no longer, and the growing popularity of alternative closures has put the natural cork industry under pressure. In this month’s just-drinks interview, Antonio Amorim, president of the world’s largest natural cork producer Amorim & Irmaos, puts the case for cork.
La Martiniquaise-Bardinet has added six-million litres to its Port capacity with the launch of a new Portuguese winery.
Budejovicky Budvar has claimed victory in the latest round in its Budweiser trademark row with Anheuser-Busch InBev, this time in Portugal.
Portuguese vineyard Quinta Nova has launched a new wine that combines Semillon and Moscatel Galego grapes.
Sumol+Compal has reported soaring profits in 2013, as sales rose slightly in the period.
One of the trade bodies for winemakers in Portugal's Douro valley has been told to sell off some of its stockpiled wine in order to pay off its debts.
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar has claimed a new victory in its long-running trademark battle with Anheuser-Busch InBev after a Lisbon court granted it exclusive rights to the Budweiser name in Portugal.
Sales of Madeira fortified wines in value terms hit their highest level last year since 2001, despite a slide in volumes, according to recent figures.
Portuguese wine trade body Viniportugal has expanded the number of markets that it will focus on for its members to include Japan and Singapore.
Budejovicky Budvar says it expects to see its sale rise in Portugal after claiming victory in its latest trademark battle with Anheuser-Busch InBev.
Exports of wines from the Vinho Verde PDO in Portugal are set to hit a record high this year, despite a forecast dip in domestic sales.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets