Philippines: Latest beverage news & analysis
After months of speculation, a buyer for Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay finally emerged today (9 May). Philippines-based Emperador Inc has agreed to acquire the business from Diageo-controlled United Spirits for GBP430m (US$729m). Here, just-drinks offers a more detailed look at Emperador:
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those that have moved to support those affected by the disaster.
San Miguel Corp's announcement this week that it plans to raise US$1.6bn to finance its diversification into heavy industries could signal that the firm is on its way out of the beer business.
Kirin Holdings is making its presence felt at San Miguel Brewery, as the Philippines-based brewer announces expansion plans.
San Miguel Brewery has won consent from the Philippines government to move into soft drinks as it looks to capture growing demand in the category.
San Miguel Brewery is looking to expand into soft drinks as it says the category is growing faster than the Philippines' alcohol segment.
Tito's Handmade Vodka has launched in the Philippines after owner Fifth Generation secured a distribution deal.
San Miguel Corp has seen a single-digit lift in year-to-date sales from both its brewing operations and its combined spirits and soft drinks unit.
San Miguel Corp has been offered as much as US$6bn for the majority share in its namesake brewing unit, the company's president has said in an interview.
Philippines' San Miguel Brewery (SMB) Inc has signed a deal with Spain's Mahou-San Miguel in a bid to expand the global footprint of the lager brand.
Emperador Inc is set to acquire Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay from Diageo-controlled United Spirits for GBP430m (US$729m).
Brandy producer Emperador Inc has revealed it is in talks with Diageo-controlled United Spirits over acquiring Whyte & Mackay.
San Miguel Brewery has blamed high duty rates for dragging down its full-year volumes, while profits also slipped.
San Miguel Brewery is expected to receive regulatory approval this week to sell a bond that will net the company up to PHP20bn (US$448.6m).
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research