Other: Latest beverage news & analysis
There is future growth aplenty on offer in the Travel Retail channel, but a new report suggests a reappraisal of the traditional relationship between suppliers, operators and airport authorities would be of huge benefit to drinks brands going forward.
Here, Spiros Malandrakis, alcoholic drinks analyst at Euromonitor International, shares his forecasts of the trends that will shape the alcohol industry in the year ahead.
The news that Hunter Laing & Co has committed GBP8m (US$11.4m) to move from independent bottler to full-blown distiller by building its own, brand-new distillery on Islay got me thinking: What makes the place so special? After all, it's hardly the only Scottish island with a distillery.
Is the closer association between sustainability and mitigating business risk completely good news? Ben Cooper investigates.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's announcement of its proposed acquisition of SABMiller late last year did not come as much of a surprise, and was the culmination of over a decade-and-a-half of merger and acquisition activity by brewers. However, it raises some interesting questions, not only in how the deal will work, but also what is next for the brewing industry - or, for that matter, the overall drinks industry.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global beer & cider categories. We also have similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global soft drinks & bottled water categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and spirits & wine.
Highfern has added a heavily-peated expression to its Angels' Nectar blended Scotch brand.
Diageo has released a new expression of its Oban single malt whisky, called Little Bay.
Cognac sales and volumes in the US have experienced double-digit growth in 2015, according to data released by the Distilled Industry Spirits Council this week.
Rye has shown the highest growth rate among American whiskies, according to figures released this week, thanks to increased consumer interest in classic cocktails and "authenticity".
The Travel Retail channel is set to offer continued growth for wines and spirits over the coming five years, according to a new report, albeit slightly slower than the preceding five-year period.
The trade group for French wine region Cotes du Rhone has appointed a new marketing and communications director.
The Smirnoff vodka brand is still "very early" in its growth journey, Diageo's CEO has told just-drinks, although that growth is more likely to come from newer markets than existing ones.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research