Other: Latest beverage news & analysis
It was to be a key weapon in The Coca-Cola Co's fight against declining soda sales. But since its launch in Argentina in 2013 Coke Life has carried the whiff of underachievement as consumers struggled to connect with its lower-sugar (but not no-sugar) positioning.
In achieving its goal to replenish water equivalent to its 2015 sales volumes "back to nature and communities", Coca-Cola gave itself a compelling sustainability story to tell consumers. Greg Koch, senior director of Global Water Stewardship at Coca-Cola, spoke with Ben Cooper about what "replenishment" means, and why getting the minutiae of the methodology right is so important.
In the US, carbonated water has become a non-alcoholic beverage star, as consumers choose sparkling waters and seltzers instead of carbonated soft drinks to cut calorie and sugar consumption. The same trend is now crossing over into flavoured alcoholic beverages (FABs), as so-called 'hard seltzers' have emerged as a promising new niche.
As the Travel Retail industry gathers for next week's TFWA World Exhibition amid the luxury yachts and pampered pooches of sunny Cannes, this most global of sales channels has much to ponder.
The world will have 400m new luxury spirits consumers by 2020, according to a new report from Diageo.
The Coca-Cola Co is to change tack on its Coke Life distribution in Western Europe, downgrading the newest Coca-Cola trademark innovation to one that targets only to a "niche" group.
The Sazerac Co has continued its spending spree with the acquisition of Pernod Ricard's Fris Vodka brand for an undisclosed sum.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global beer & cider categories. We also have similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global soft drinks & bottled water categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and spirits & wine.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
The CEO of PepsiCo has hailed healthy beverages, as the company continues to transform its business to keep up with consumer demand for health drinks.
Pernod Ricard’s Chivas Brothers division has added a new expression to its Scapa single malt Scotch whisky portfolio.
Pernod Ricard has added a second vintage to its The Glenlivet Winchester Collection.
Heineken has created a new global role that will focus on global off-premise operators.
PepsiCo has increased year-to-date beverage volumes as its North American drinks unit boosted sales and profits.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at just-drinks dusting off their resumes.
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? Here are some more details to help answer my - and maybe your questions.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends