Latest beverage news & analysis in Oceania
This month, Chris Losh turns his attention to the Australian wine industry, and finds a country struggling with scant opportunities and stru...
Asia is emerging as an increasingly attractive and significant destination for Australia’s wine exports, which experienced their strongest p...
Today, Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) reported its first-half results for 2015, revealing a slight increase in profits and sales. Here, just-drinks...
Today, Treasury Wine Estates reported a sales and operating profits increase in the first six months of its fiscal year, hinting at a turnar...
Casella Family Brands hit the acquisition trail late last year when it snapped up Barossa Valley producer Peter Lehmann Wines for AUD57m (US$49.8m). Here, just-drinks talks to the Australian firm's global marketing & export sales manager, Libby Nutt, about the plans ahead for the brand and Casella's star performer Yellow Tail.
The owner of Te Pa Family Vineyards, Haysley MacDonald, and his head wine maker, Liam McElhinney, have been making waves in New Zealand with their fresh approach to wine making. This month, just-drinks met them during a trip to London to hear how their agricultural backgrounds have shaped the business and why consolidation in Marlborough will only go so far.
The Sazerac Co has acquired control of Australian spirits distributor SouthTrade International.
Diageo's Australian unit has announced a AUD20m (US$15m) marketing campaign in support of a new range of healthier RTD products in the country.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up the appointment of Peter Filipovic as head of operations in Australia upon completion of its purchase of SABMiller.
Coca-Cola Amatil's Fijian rum brands have launched in Australia as the company looks to capitalise on the country's thirst for the spirit.
Pernod Ricard has unveiled a global packaging update for its New Zealand wine brand, Brancott Estate.
Heineken is poised to open its fifth airport bar, in Sydney, Australia.
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends