Latest beverage news & analysis in North America
In a developed market where the top two players account for over two-thirds of total volumes, smaller players would be forgiven for thinking...
Constellation Brands' beer ambitions took a giant leap forward in 2012 when it secured the US rights to Grupo Modelo's brands. Yesterday, it...
The US has long been perceived as the pot of gold at the end of the spirits rainbow. According to figures released by the country's Distille...
Personnel changes and supply chain efficiency moves have fuelled further speculation that Molson Coors is limbering up to buy out SABMiller...
Lucas Bols has seen a lot of changes recently. Earlier this month, just-drinks spoke to CEO Huub van Doorne about the company's IPO earlier this year, as well as the increasingly-crowded US spirits market and how best to target China's new cocktail culture.
Last week, Mast-Jägermeister, the German owner of the Jägermeister herbal liqueur, took control of its US distributor Sidney Frank Importing Co. Part of Mast-Jägermeister's new strategy to control distribution in its core markets, the acquisition was otherwise noteworthy because of the important role Sidney Frank has played in Jägermeister's global rise.With Jägermeister sales in the US under pressure, Mast-Jägermeister is looking to move away from its famous brand's reputation as a party shot and embrace the new craft spirits culture. But, as Mast-Jägermeister executive board member Michael Volke told just-drinks from New York last week, not completely away.
The head of Montenegro Group, owner of the Amaro Montenegro Italian liqueur, has said there is rising demand for Italian spirits in the US as bartenders get behind the category.
Brown-Forman has said it will "vigorously" contest a lawsuit issued by Sazerac over advertising practices for Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire.
Craft and imported beers continue to take volume share from regular and light in the US on-trade and are quickly moving towards accounting for half of the market, new figures show.
The Coca-Cola Co's chief science & health officer is to retire. Rhona Applebaum told the company last month of her intention to step down, although Coca-Cola has only confirmed the move this week.
Diageo has confirmed that it is under investigation by authorities in the US Virgin Islands over the importation of what the company calls "sugar cane intermediate" instead of molasses for the production of rum at its Captain Morgan facility on the island of St Croix.
Amarula owner Distell Group is to launch a spirits joint-venture in the US with Terlato Wine Group.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts