Nigeria: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier today, Heineken confirmed that a plan to merge two of its Nigerian units - Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries - remains on tracks. Minority shareholders in both firms have voted in favour of the deal.
We'd almost packed up for the week on Friday when Heineken announced plans to merge the two Nigerian breweries in which it has majority stakes.
Nigeria proved a welcome ray of light for Heineken in its first-quarter results yesterday (24 April).
Plans to merge Heineken's Nigerian subsidiaries Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries have moved a step closer after the units' shareholders approved the deal.
The Coca-Cola Co's Nigerian unit has said it has yet to be served with criminal charges over alleged violations of orders from the country's Consumer Protection Council (CPC), despite media reports to the contrary.
Diageo's Guinness Nigeria division has confirmed a change of CEO, with John O’Keeffe set to replace Seni Adetu in the hot-seat.
Heineken has signalled its intent to merge its Nigerian subsidiaries Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries.
SABMiller has started work on tripling production capacity at one of its Nigerian breweries as part of a US$110m investment.
Pernod Ricard has said it wants to build a stronger network in Nigeria after farming out distribution rights in the country in a seven-year deal.
The Coca-Cola Co has appointed a new MD to lead its Nigerian unit.
SABMiller has opened a US$100m brewery in Nigeria as it looks to boost its presence in the country's competitive beer market.
Nigerian Bottling Co's shareholders have backed a EUR94m (US$136m) bid by Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co to acquire all outstanding shares in the company.
Diageo is set to intensify competition between brewers in Nigeria after announcing that it will spend GBP225m (US$366.6m) to increase brewing capacity in the country.
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future