Nigeria: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier today, Heineken confirmed that a plan to merge two of its Nigerian units - Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries - remains on tracks. Minority shareholders in both firms have voted in favour of the deal.
We'd almost packed up for the week on Friday when Heineken announced plans to merge the two Nigerian breweries in which it has majority stakes.
Nigeria proved a welcome ray of light for Heineken in its first-quarter results yesterday (24 April).
Suntory's beverage unit is trying to complete its global takeover of Lucozade and Ribena with a swoop for the brands' leftover bottling and distribution rights in Nigeria.
The Coca-Cola Co is to buy a minority stake in Nigerian dairy and soft drinks business Chi.
Guinness Nigeria is to handle United Spirits' McDowell's No 1 brand in Nigeria.
Diageo has appointed Nigeria-listed company Guinness Nigeria as exclusive distributor of its international premium spirits portfolio in the country.
Heineken's CEO has warned that falling energy prices pose a danger to beer consumption in Nigeria, the Dutch brewer's second-biggest market by profit contribution.
Diageo CEO Ivan Menezes has admitted to “mis-steps” in Nigeria but said a plan to revitalise Guinness and new innovations are boosting the company's fortunes in the country.
Plans to merge Heineken's Nigerian subsidiaries Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries have moved a step closer after the units' shareholders approved the deal.
The Coca-Cola Co's Nigerian unit has said it has yet to be served with criminal charges over alleged violations of orders from the country's Consumer Protection Council (CPC), despite media reports to the contrary.
Diageo's Guinness Nigeria division has confirmed a change of CEO, with John O’Keeffe set to replace Seni Adetu in the hot-seat.
Heineken has signalled its intent to merge its Nigerian subsidiaries Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research