Nigeria: Latest beverage news & analysis
This month, Ray Rowlands sets his sights on the recently-announced Nigerian venture between The Coca-Cola Co and the Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group.
Earlier today, Heineken confirmed that a plan to merge two of its Nigerian units - Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries - remains on tracks. Minority shareholders in both firms have voted in favour of the deal.
We'd almost packed up for the week on Friday when Heineken announced plans to merge the two Nigerian breweries in which it has majority stakes.
Nigeria proved a welcome ray of light for Heineken in its first-quarter results yesterday (24 April).
Suntory will pay about JPY7bn (US$68.8m) for GlaxoSmithKline's remaining Lucozade and Ribena assets in Nigeria.
The drinks industry appears to be holding its breath as the Central Bank of Nigeria plans to float the Naira currency from 20 June.
GlaxoSmithKline Nigeria's board of directors has accepted Suntory's offer to buy the remaining Lucozade Ribena business in the country.
Coca-Cola HBC has said it will launch the Monster energy brand in Nigeria during the second half of the year.
Diageo-controlled Guinness Nigeria has reported a slump in year-to-date sales and profits as the country's economy continues to slow.
Diageo has launched Guinness Africa Special - its first Guinness innovation in Nigeria for 10 years.
Heineken is keeping an eye on Nigeria as currency turmoil makes it harder for the company to get money out of the country.
Suntory's beverage unit is trying to complete its global takeover of Lucozade and Ribena with a swoop for the brands' leftover bottling and distribution rights in Nigeria.
The Coca-Cola Co is to buy a minority stake in Nigerian dairy and soft drinks business Chi.
Guinness Nigeria is to handle United Spirits' McDowell's No 1 brand in Nigeria.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends