Nigeria: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier today, Heineken confirmed that a plan to merge two of its Nigerian units - Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries - remains on tracks. Minority shareholders in both firms have voted in favour of the deal.
We'd almost packed up for the week on Friday when Heineken announced plans to merge the two Nigerian breweries in which it has majority stakes.
Nigeria proved a welcome ray of light for Heineken in its first-quarter results yesterday (24 April).
Heineken's CEO has warned that falling energy prices pose a danger to beer consumption in Nigeria, the Dutch brewer's second-biggest market by profit contribution.
Diageo CEO Ivan Menezes has admitted to “mis-steps” in Nigeria but said a plan to revitalise Guinness and new innovations are boosting the company's fortunes in the country.
Plans to merge Heineken's Nigerian subsidiaries Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries have moved a step closer after the units' shareholders approved the deal.
The Coca-Cola Co's Nigerian unit has said it has yet to be served with criminal charges over alleged violations of orders from the country's Consumer Protection Council (CPC), despite media reports to the contrary.
Diageo's Guinness Nigeria division has confirmed a change of CEO, with John O’Keeffe set to replace Seni Adetu in the hot-seat.
Heineken has signalled its intent to merge its Nigerian subsidiaries Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries.
SABMiller has started work on tripling production capacity at one of its Nigerian breweries as part of a US$110m investment.
Pernod Ricard has said it wants to build a stronger network in Nigeria after farming out distribution rights in the country in a seven-year deal.
The Coca-Cola Co has appointed a new MD to lead its Nigerian unit.
SABMiller has opened a US$100m brewery in Nigeria as it looks to boost its presence in the country's competitive beer market.
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research