Netherlands: Latest beverage news & analysis
Heineken’s “solid progress” during the first quarter – to quote the words of CEO Jean-François van Boxmeer – could be checked temporarily over the next three months.
On Wednesday, Heineken will report its first-quarter numbers. Here, just-drinks looks at the group's activities in the three months to the end of March:
Lucas Bols, the Dutch owner of spirits and liqueur brands including Bols and Pisang Ambon, today announced plans to list on the Amsterdam stock exchange in a EUR125m IPO. Here, courtesy of Lucas Bols and just-drinks, is a rundown on the company:
Earlier today, Heineken reported a 1.7% decrease in Q3 sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's performance by region in the three months to the end of September
Heineken will release a first-half trading update on Wednesday. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the Dutch brewer's highs and lows in the three months to the end of June, and recent financial results:
Heineken has reported a lift in both sales and volumes for its first quarter, despite a "subdued" performance from its Africa Middle East division.
Heineken decreased its water consumption last year to 3.9 hectolitres for every hectolitre of beer produced.
Heineken is to reduce staffing levels as its streamlines its global business units from five to four and strips down its executive committee.
SPI Group has said is "very disappointed" by a Dutch court's demand that it return its Stolichnaya rights to the Russian state and is reviewing the ruling.
Dutch food group Wessanen has offloaded its American Beverage Corp unit to Harvest Hill Beverage Co, five years after initially beginning the search for a buyer.
Refresco Gerber has confirmed that it has chosen an IPO as its preferred method of creating “a new capital structure” to fund its growth plans.
SABMiller has launched two new Grolsch radler variants in the Netherlands as it targets young non-beer drinkers.
The holding company of Heineken has proposed the addition of the husband of its controlling shareholder to the board of directors.
Heineken has seen its full-year sales come in flat for 2014, but has said it expects to deliver sales growth this year.
Lucas Bols has blamed currency fluctuations and Russian instability for a slip in third-quarter sales.
Heineken is about to have the most dramatic moment in its history given the Hollywood blockbuster treatment.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research