Myanmar: Latest beverage news & analysis
Carlsberg has been forced to change the Myanmar translation of its Tuborg brand name after complaints it clashed with a popular local song.
Heineken has opened a US$60m brewery in Myanmar as part of a joint venture with local operator Alliance Brewery Company.
SABMiller has declined to comment on reports that it is considering buying into Myanmar Brewery, the country's biggest beer producer.
A Myanmar conglomerate has won a legal battle to wrest control of a brewing joint venture from Fraser & Neave (F&N).
Ball Corporation is to invest US$40m building a beverage can plant in Myanmar as global soft drink makers and brewers flock to the recently-opened market.
South Korea's Lotte Chilsung has invested US$81m to set up a JV in Myanmar with local company MGS Beverage, according to a report.
PepsiCo has declined to comment on a report claiming the company has agreed a partnership in Myanmar with South Korean beverage firm Lotte Chilsung.
Fraser & Neave has revealed that its joint-venture partner in Myanmar Brewery, Myanmar Economic Holdings (MEH), plans to start arbitration proceedings over its stake in the brewery.
Carlsberg has confirmed to just-drinks it will complete its Myanmar brewery before the end of next year.
The Coca-Cola Company has started bottling its products in Myanmar for the first time in more than 60 years.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Coca-Cola Enterprises Q1 2016 results - Preview
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India