Myanmar: Latest beverage news & analysis
Kirin is to increase capacity at its Myanmar brewery by more than 10% as the country's growing economy boosts consumer demand, according to a report.
Carlsberg has been forced to change the Myanmar translation of its Tuborg brand name after complaints it clashed with a popular local song.
Heineken has opened a US$60m brewery in Myanmar as part of a joint venture with local operator Alliance Brewery Company.
SABMiller has declined to comment on reports that it is considering buying into Myanmar Brewery, the country's biggest beer producer.
A Myanmar conglomerate has won a legal battle to wrest control of a brewing joint venture from Fraser & Neave (F&N).
Ball Corporation is to invest US$40m building a beverage can plant in Myanmar as global soft drink makers and brewers flock to the recently-opened market.
South Korea's Lotte Chilsung has invested US$81m to set up a JV in Myanmar with local company MGS Beverage, according to a report.
PepsiCo has declined to comment on a report claiming the company has agreed a partnership in Myanmar with South Korean beverage firm Lotte Chilsung.
Fraser & Neave has revealed that its joint-venture partner in Myanmar Brewery, Myanmar Economic Holdings (MEH), plans to start arbitration proceedings over its stake in the brewery.
Carlsberg has confirmed to just-drinks it will complete its Myanmar brewery before the end of next year.
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits