Latvia: Latest beverage news & analysis
Latvia is to follow in the footsteps of its Baltic neighbour Lithuania with a ban on the sale of energy drinks to under-18s, according to reports.
SPI group's Latvian beverage producer, JSC Latvijas Balzams, has appointed an interim chairman after its current chair announced his departure.
European Union health ministers have agreed the development of a new policy for reducing alcohol-related harm.
NP Foods Group, owner of the Gutta juice brand, has agreed a deal to be taken over by Norway's Orkla for an undisclosed sum.
Carlsberg's Latvian subsidiary, Aldaris, is closing its main production facility to focus on the country's growing craft beer sector.
Altia will continue efforts to buy out Jaunalko after snapping up a controlling stake in the Latvian vodka maker, the company's boss told just-drinks today (4 September).
Carlsberg's Latvian subsidiary Aldaris increased volumes 9.9% in 2011 year-on-year but still posted a LVL814,900 (US$1.5m) loss, according to a local report.
Liviko, the Estonia-based drinks group, has signed a deal to distribute Bacardi-Martini products in Latvia.
William Grant & Sons has lined up a distribution agreement with SPI Group in the Baltic countries.
Aldaris has launched a rebrand of the Zelta beer brand in its domestic market.
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets