Latvia: Latest beverage news & analysis
SPI group's Latvian beverage producer, JSC Latvijas Balzams, has appointed an interim chairman after its current chair announced his departure.
European Union health ministers have agreed the development of a new policy for reducing alcohol-related harm.
NP Foods Group, owner of the Gutta juice brand, has agreed a deal to be taken over by Norway's Orkla for an undisclosed sum.
Carlsberg's Latvian subsidiary, Aldaris, is closing its main production facility to focus on the country's growing craft beer sector.
Altia will continue efforts to buy out Jaunalko after snapping up a controlling stake in the Latvian vodka maker, the company's boss told just-drinks today (4 September).
Carlsberg's Latvian subsidiary Aldaris increased volumes 9.9% in 2011 year-on-year but still posted a LVL814,900 (US$1.5m) loss, according to a local report.
Liviko, the Estonia-based drinks group, has signed a deal to distribute Bacardi-Martini products in Latvia.
William Grant & Sons has lined up a distribution agreement with SPI Group in the Baltic countries.
Aldaris has launched a rebrand of the Zelta beer brand in its domestic market.
Cesu Alus has posted a record year for sales in 2007.
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research