Latvia: Latest beverage news & analysis
European Union health ministers have agreed the development of a new policy for reducing alcohol-related harm.
NP Foods Group, owner of the Gutta juice brand, has agreed a deal to be taken over by Norway's Orkla for an undisclosed sum.
Carlsberg's Latvian subsidiary, Aldaris, is closing its main production facility to focus on the country's growing craft beer sector.
Altia will continue efforts to buy out Jaunalko after snapping up a controlling stake in the Latvian vodka maker, the company's boss told just-drinks today (4 September).
Carlsberg's Latvian subsidiary Aldaris increased volumes 9.9% in 2011 year-on-year but still posted a LVL814,900 (US$1.5m) loss, according to a local report.
Liviko, the Estonia-based drinks group, has signed a deal to distribute Bacardi-Martini products in Latvia.
William Grant & Sons has lined up a distribution agreement with SPI Group in the Baltic countries.
Aldaris has launched a rebrand of the Zelta beer brand in its domestic market.
Cesu Alus has posted a record year for sales in 2007.
Cesu Alus has reported a boost in sales in the first half of the year.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report